My latest soap project

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
...And I am just tickled PINK about it!! It turned out just how I imagined it to and I am pleased! I wanted to create a soap that would give a feel of childhood days at the carnival and images of merry-go-round horses. Hope you all don't mind me sharing. My sister is up on vacation from VA spending time with us for a week! And we are having such a great time crafting!!

Anyone else making soaps this year? Any new recipes?

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

What happy cheerful fun looking soap that is!! Love it.
default_laugh.png

Can I ask what do you make your soap with?

Thanks Shari! Thats exactly what I was looking to conjure up with this particular soap recipe.
default_biggrin.png
What I use is mainly a shea butter base for my soaps. On occasion I'll use goat's milk and avacado and cucumber bases as well.

I love your soaps, they are wonderful for the skin and last a long time...these are almost too pretty to use! Sigh, thinking holiday shopping hehe.

Thanks Deb....I'm glad you and little Aidan have enjoyed them. I love soaping....the sky's the limit pretty much!!

Hey I use to make soap. Its really hard to make , and mine were never beautiful like yours...I could never get it to trace ... Do you sell your soap over the internet ? I would love to know....I love soap... nice soap , its wonderful to treat yourself to beautiful soap.
default_wub.png

Those are awesome!!! They look good enough to eat - really - they look like pastries!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Liz R.

Hey Krissy, now they have what is called melt and pour soaps where you buy the base soap in a large chunk, melt it on the stove or in the microwave, add scent and color and whatever else and you have soaps. Just pour into the mold and wait a while for them to harden. So easy even I was able to do it. I made these on my first attempt:

soap.jpg

melt and pour is great although I havent tried it but once. I make cp soap all the time. Mostly sell it at work. Gearing up right now for christmas. First soap off the rack is peppermint. I call it the " Morning after bar." After what is up to you but it wakes you up in the morning. Its so fun to play with

Thank you ladies!!!
default_biggrin.png

liltnt- how long have you been doing cold pour? Have any photos of your work?

Those are the happiest soaps ever!! I love the colors, the ridges along the sides, the textures on top, the colors go all the way thru to the bottom. Those are perfect happy soaps!! Even kids that hate to wash their little hands would love to wash w/those.....even this big kid!! Great job!

Heidi

Thanks so much Heidi! You know you hit the nail on the head. My sister tells me that my baby neices spend a lot of time washing their hands just to be able to use the soaps we make them. It's a win-win all the way around!
default_laugh.png

WOW! That is really neat. It does look good enough to eat.

Carol

Thanks Carol! You said exactly what hubby, Mom and my sister said. Now each time they walk in the kitchen and see them on the counter they think it's slices of birthday cake...and the aroma keeps our sweet tooth going!
default_laugh.png
default_eat.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
love your first soap pictured here, the colours and the look, awesome job. Melt and pour soapmaking is alot of fun because you can run wild with creativity and you did an amazing job in that department. WOOHOO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back