My Horse Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis3

Reaction score
I managed to hurt my foot before going to bed. This morning it was swollen and a couple of my toes were every color of the rainbow. When I went out to care for my horses, I was hobbling very bad. I could only walk on the side of the bad foot.

My horses watched me coming as they usually do but this morning they watched more closely. I let them out of their stalls and Diamond came up to me and immediately looked at my foot and touched it. They all were being very careful around me. Nobody was in a big hurry to get out of their stall. I fed them their hay outside then went into the barn to clean. As they ate their hay they watched me. My filly, who use to come to the barn most every morning to spend time with me, but she has not done this for a couple months now, came to me in the barn and stood beside me and nuzzled me with her nose. I fussed over her and let her know everything was fine and she went back out to eat hay. The concern in their eyes was amazing. I know they were truly concerned about me. It was so very touching. I spend a lot of time with my horses and I talk to them all the time. Sometimes just small talk and other times real heart to heart talks. I know I have really connected with them. And this was just another way they have shown me that they care. Oh how I love my horses.
default_wub.png
:

Awww, that is so sweet. I love how animals can sense when you need them the most.

Thanks Amanda and Brandi. I just love to talk about my horses so thank you for reading and replying.

It is always a joy to hear stories such as yours where people really connect with their horses. I truly can relate to your story and wish all horse people could experience what we do.
default_wub.png
: Mary

Thanks Mary for reading and replying. My life would be very empty without my horses. And a connection with a horse can truly be remarkable.

Awe!
default_wub.png
: What a cute story. :bgrin Thanks for Sharing! :bgrin

I remember when I was going through Chemo Therapy & Radiatioin Treatments after that in 2005. My Minis were such a joy to be around.
default_yes.gif
: It uplifted me everyday! Even on my "not so good" days.
default_yes.gif
: It seemed they new when I needed a "Pick Me Up" or they knew when I needed some of their soft kisses. I think they knew I was going through a rough time in my life.
default_yes.gif
:

Jeri

aawwww happy tears... that's so neat, thanks for sharing. reminds me of my new little mini horse guy Ozzie... he is a bit of a nipper and we have been working on that but he always tries to sneak a bite :new_shocked: but the other night i was having a BIG problem with one of my kids and i went out to get my donkey hugs that always make me feel better, and instead that little Ozzie pushed his way up to the fence and cuddled with me and never tried even once to sneak a nip!
default_wub.png
: i guess he just KNEW that i needed some tender loving care and no trouble for once
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thanks Jeri and Susan for reading and replying. I think my horses pick up on things about me more than my dogs. I think horses are so much more aware of what goes on around them. And it is nice to know that I am so much more to them then just their food source. Every night when I tuck my horses in for the night, the last thing I do is give each a big hug around the neck and say I love you.

WOW!!!! What an awesome story. It warms the heart to have such a special bond with them. I would let mine sleep in the house if I thought Hubby wouldn't call the "funny farm" to come pick me up!!!!

Oh thanks for sharing, that is just so sweet of your horses....they really do think & feel more than people realize.

Also, sorry about your foot...hope you are starting to feel a little better & didn't break something?...ouch.

Thanks for the pick-me-up. Horses are the best! They definitely sense when something's not right, even my sassy little Princess. I feel sorry for people who don't have horses to love. :538:

Latest posts

Back