My Foaling Nursery...aka small mini barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill Haven Farms

Reaction score
I wanted a building close to the house so I could keep a better eye on the girls when they get closer. My husband is installing the cameras this weekend. We already had a concrete slab so we took advantage of it. Its almost 12 x 12. With 6' side walls. My mom and I built most of it, however my uncle came up and did the rafters for us... but my mom and I went back to work afterward.. got it mostly complete.. I plan on painting the exterior in the spring when it warms up.

My lil girl Foxy is in there now. She is at 307 days and starting to bag. I clipped her tonight..but was careful not to go overboard...just cleaned up her head/neck and her belly and teat area.

IMG_0362.JPG

We did a kick board that goes up 20" We plan on putting a 2 x 6 around the rim. Also the wooden corner feeder i made comes in handy
default_smile.png

IMG_0359.JPG

Foxy Asking if I have to be there taking pics!

IMG_0395.JPG

What it looks like from the outside viewing in... the floor of the barn is raised compared to the outside length of the outer wall.

IMG_0397.JPG

Peeking in the drop down windows..

IMG_0398.JPG

you 2 did a fantastic job !!¨I printed your photo out , hope you dont mind. I have a space that i would like to convert into a large stall for 2, that are always together, its about the same size 3 meters by 9 meters. Its looks great , and I LOVE the ventalation, windows that can be opened or closed, what kind of latch did you use for the window to keep it shut?

Thanks for the great ideas, looks great,

kristen

I love all the special touches you did - great thinking on your part - some very neat ideas I will consider for my next building. They'll have some nice summer breezes through there in the summer - cut down on your fan use (and electric bill). Smart!

Good luck this foaling season - they have comfy quarters for sure!

[SIZE=10pt]Well, that is just a perfect little foaling barn, or small housing for one or two. Gosh, I can think of lots of uses! [/SIZE]

It's easy to tell you have put a lot of thought into how to construct it. The windows are a wonderful idea, because they hate being confined where they can't see what is going on in the world. Truely, a teriffic job!

Hope your foaling season is successful.

Thanks for sharing lovely job
default_wub.png

When is Foxy due... she should be happy with her new home

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great barn. You really did a good job of planning and building!

Thanks for sharing lovely job
default_wub.png
When is Foxy due... she should be happy with her new home

She foaled last year at day 321 so that would put her at march 15th...which if she could hold on one day...then I'd share a birthday with the foal! So i hope she crosses her legs til then. (hee hee)

Latest posts

Back