My dog Tracey, very bad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_wub.png
: Keeping you and Tracey in our thoughts and prayers
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

Marty, first off, hugs! Secondly, I have a dog with very bad arthritis which has caused numerous other spinal/bone problems. I have her on Cetyl-m ( website with same name ) and it is truly a miracle drug, may be worth a go for Tracy. Will keep you both in my thoughts!

Marty-prayers to you and Tracey.

Kim

Postive thoughts and hugs headed your way for Tracey and You.

Another supplement that I've seen work wonders on dogs is Cosequin, ask your vet.

Another supplement that I've seen work wonders on dogs is Cosequin, ask your vet.
I, too, recommend Cosequin. We have one of our dogs on it and find that it works really well. Even on it she can get a bit stiff and sore, but not nearly as bad as if we miss it for a day or two. It is great stuff, albeit kind of pricey for a large dog
default_sad.png

Hope Tracey gets better

Hugs to you Marty l hope theres something to help Tracey with this.

Marty...I had a Rodesian Ridgeback about 7 years ago. She was 15 yo and had a stroke. She could not walk, and vet said she probably would'nt ever again. I took her to therapy a few times a week, some progress but not much for her to walk. I took one of my full size bareback saddles, cut holes in it for her legs to go thru, buckeled the strap just to where her feet were touching the ground, put the strap over my sholder and away we went!!!! It took her a few times to get used to it when she went to the bathroom, but we got the hang of it, and within about 3 weeks she was walking.....Theresa

She lived till she was 17, passed in her sleep....

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

You know you have my prayers. Reiki is wonderful and truly works, so keep the faith.

Hugs to you Marty.

Barb

AFTERNOON UPDATE:

It's not going very well. Tracey is very frustrated to say the least, she's howling when I go out the door to the barn without her and I have to tell her to "stay" she can't go with me. She does that when she's mad to get me to come back and open the door, but this time I can't. No barn, no nothing.

She's been sleeping most of the day. I think that's a good thing. Vet said I should not try to exercise her in any way, just to leave her alone to rest, rest, rest to see if she will stabilize. And then wait, wait, wait, to see if any meds have kicked in but so far, not really. She went outside to potty once early this morning and that was successful but it took a lot out of her just to get outside, and me. She's over 90 pounds of dead weight on me so that was a tuff one. But boy, she's stubborn and insisted she wasn't going to crap in the house again so when she was barking to go out I said ok, we'll give it a try. Amazingly, she's hungry and eating and drinking very well. I don't think she's in pain. IF she were, she'd be crying because she's a wimp and cries over spilled milk.

Waiting it out is hard on both of us. She really won't let go of her ball in her mouth. She's wanting to play so much. Vet said the cortisone would have kicked in right away if it was going to work and it hasn't so far. It's been 24 hours now. But hoping the Metacam and prednisone and reike will help turn things around for us soon. I don't know how long it will take for those to kick in.

We're not giving up this easy.

We're not giving up at all. I refuse to loose my little girl.

oh Marty.....Hang in there. Love and Prayers to you and Tracey. Sheila
default_sad.png

The Reiki is working now as she is not in pain. She will need something to help with the disc deterioration medically. Cosequin is good stuff as are many homeopathic methods. Have you tried baby aspirin in the past? Keep the faith, it takes baby steps, not giant steps to get her going and up. Prayers and more coming your way.

Continuing to think of Tracey with White Light and Prayer........

Have you tried the sheet sling idea? Another method is to slip her entire hind end into a large pillow case and lift her up in that.

MA

Sending prayers and keeping all of you in my thoughts. ((((HUGS))))

Marty, good thoughts and prayers headed your way. I am not sure if this would help but I have a 7 year old shepherd. He is about 102lbs. He was hit by a car about 3 yrs ago. to make a long story short he has pins, metal rods etc in front leg. He was on all kinds of pain meds for about two years. Metacam, pred and others. We started him on a food called J/D by science diet. It comes from the vets. He has been off all meds for a yr now. the food has something in it that helps with bones, joints and stuff. I am not sure if it will help your girl but hey it is worth a try. It takes about two weeks to start to see a difference.

Hey, Im thinking of you and Tracey!

So sorry to hear about your dog, have you tried a stool softener to help her poop easier? I had a my dog who had a c-section for puppies and was laid up from the pain of that, plus nursing puppies and had a hard time using the bathroom. I used the kind humans use, being I had 2 c-sections and another surgery I know how hard it can be to go. LOL. But this will help your dog not strain to go. Just a ideal I thought may help with things. Plus when you have a hurt back it helps too.

I pray for you and your dog.

Hi Marty, so sorry to hear about your dog. Our little doxie was in bad shape last year. The kids decided to by her a wheel cart. She was in it for aboutt two months and now is on her own, has been for over 9 moths. Our vet didn`t want her to try to move on her own at all, when this first happened. He said not to encourage her to walk. She is on meds but is still with us & she gets along quite well.. She is the "love" of my husbands life - you can see where I am ` in second place LOL Tasha is now 14 & though she can`t live forever, we have had her a year longer than we expected & are so happy for this time!!
default_smile.png
:aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: Best of luck for your girl and (((hugs))) for you.

Latest posts

Back