My colt is dead..no one to blame but myself

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for you loss. When I first got Sky I left his halter on him. I came out one morning his halter was hanging on the bottom of the fence. I guess he was rubbing and it got caught. Thank goodness he was able to get if off. It could have been a bad out come here too. Again, I am sorry for you loss.

So sorry thanks for sharing especially since a forum member just left to take a halter off...soory abotu Anthem

I am so sorry! How horrible. Hugs to you....

I am so sorry as well. My condolensces to you. Please don't be too hard on yourself for not knowing. I am sure that if you knew the dangers you wouldn't have left the halter on. Also, I believe that when it is time for anyone or anything to pass, no matter what one does will not stop it from happening. But for you to post so publicly in order to try to save another horse, that is to be commmended. Your post will save another horse's life somewhere down the line. Thank you.

Everyone, please, no matter the type of fence, or lack there of, please do not leave a halter on a horse without being there to supervise it!

(((Hugs)))

Stormy,

Sending you my sympathies with your loss. I've said it many times....Our little guys are like human two year olds. If they can find something to hurt themselves with, they will.

Thank you for sharing.....

Hugs,

MA

I am also sorry for your loss..................... Everyone needs to make sure nothing is left on the horse. I left a throat latch on a show horse a few years ago that I left in the round pen for some free exercise time.......... It got hung on one of those but he just lifted the panel up & off. I was checking on him often & found him happily grazing in the pasture.

I am so very sorry about your loss of Amthem. Please don't beat yourself up. It was a terrible accident.

I am so sorry you lost your boy.

Thank you for having the courage to post this and warn others what could happen.

Hugs for you.

Lauralee

I am so sorry. I too admire your bravery in telling all what happened, your experience may well save another horse's life. Not that it makes you feel any better right now unfortunately.
sad.gif
My condolences...

Latest posts

Back