My Baby Has Been Sold

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Briar, Shiloh Farm's first home-grown foal, has been sold to the most amazing home on the planet!!!! She is going to a farm that specializes in Therapeutic Riding; all of their horses look awesome and the place looks gorgeous. She will be the official mascot and help the younger children that aren't as confident around horses to become accustomed to them. She'll be groomed to death, led around, snuggled, and generally spoiled
default_biggrin.png
I'm sad that she'll be leaving, but so happy at the home that I've found for her
default_risa8.gif

Matt sounds like she will have a wonderful home and make many children happy.

Aw, that is really great. It's always so hard to see them go, but I always think of how happy the new owners are, and it makes it ok.

[SIZE=12pt]I know how difficult it must be for you to let "Briar" go since she's an extension of your own family. But I also know that you can definitely see the obvious benefits that she'll be able to provide to so many young people. Great job... [/SIZE]

Can't wait to hear how she's doing and to see photos.

Congratulations for finding a wonderful home for your wonderful filly! I let a very special mare go to a similar program this winter, and while it was hard to see her empty stall for a while the updates and pictures of her "at work" have been so gratifying. I assume you have visiting rights?

Congrats on finding her such a special home where she's sure to get lots of love!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm very happy...but I'm also very sad. Yes, I'm sure I have visiting rights
default_smile.png
I'm so glad I don't have kids and have to see them out of the nest lol. I'm sure what I'm feeling is X1000 for you parents.

That's the way to do it, Matt--wait for the perfect home. Well done!

And, as far as the parent thing.. think about it... mares wean at 4-6 months. We don't send ours off for 18 years, and more. So... if parents have done their job, it's way more exciting than sad.
default_smile.png
Besides, we retain life time visitation rights.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back