Mud Rot ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]The farrier was out a few weeks ago and noticed just above Zepp's left back hoof .... it looked like a perfect ring going all the way around just above the hoof.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She thought that maybe?? he had got tangled up in something? It did look like a perfect rope burn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And we do have a HUGE bucket with rope handles that he easily could have gotten caught up in ... so it made sense.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But! it hasn't gone away .... and thankfully it hasn't gotten any worse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I have been reading up on it (Mud Rot) and there are some lotions & potions out there ....BUT? what is best?[/SIZE]

MVC-009F.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Is this Mud Rot ?? I have never experienced anything like this before?
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thankfully.... it doesn't seem to bother him[/SIZE]

Does Zepp have flakey skin around the area?

Hubby's uncle had a work horse with rain rot, or something like that and he put vegetable oil on it. Do not really know, just a thought....

Hope it clears up soon
default_yes.gif
!

default_cheekkiss.gif
to Zepp!

I used a potion of listerine, betadine and baby oil on Ruby. She had a few small patches. First was the "crud" stage and I gently brushed all that out with an old toothbrush & antibacterial soap. Then the hair fell out in those little patches, and those spots kinda looked like Zepp's do now. By then it seemed to be almost cleared up.

Maybe he's almost healed up?

[SIZE=12pt]does it go around to the back or just the front? [/SIZE]
It goes all the way around ....just like a ring? wierd huh?

I used a potion of listerine, betadine and baby oil on Ruby. She had a few small patches. First was the "crud" stage and I gently brushed all that out with an old toothbrush & antibacterial soap. Then the hair fell out in those little patches, and those spots kinda looked like Zepp's do now. By then it seemed to be almost cleared up.
Maybe he's almost healed up?
Thanks for the "potion"
default_wink.png

I sure hope it is on the stages of healing
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back