MOVING....again!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Our landlord decided to put the house we are living in on the market. Our lease is up at the end of this month and altho we told him we would have to extend it out a few months, he wants to get it on the market now (we both know it won't move fast). Deb and I had decided it was a little bit more expensive than what we want to spend on rent and she is working 45 minutes each way from work, which is not good when you are on call and have 30 minutes to get there!
default_unsure.png
So, a move was imminent, we just weren't sure exactly when.

Last year, if you remember we moved across country and stopped off in Tulsa for Nationals before heading to Florida! Crazy women, we are! LOL!
default_wacko.png
So, what do we do this year? We are moving right after I get back from Nationals!!
default_new_shocked.gif

We found a place in a town called Brooksville, which is southwest of Ocala about 45 minutes or so. It is a newer 3 BR, 2 BA with office Manufactured Home on 2.5 acres. It has a fenced backyard for the dogs (that was a plus, because we have 4 dogs and we have been taking them out on leashes every time they need to go out!!) Right now it only has one big fenced pasture, but the landlord is going to build us a horse shelter (not really a barn) and cross fence the pasture for us!

Deb used to live in a town close to there and worked at a hospital there, so she inquired about getting her job back and she did!!
default_aktion033.gif
So, she will be working only 15 minutes away from home now!! SOOO much better!!
default_yes.gif

Right now we live 6 miles from the closest store...when we move we will be less than 4 miles...and it will be close to everything!!!
default_aktion033.gif

With the savings in our rent (1/2!!) we are going to save for a car for me...finally!! I have been without a vehicle for the past year!!
default_aktion033.gif

So, this will be a good move for us all the way around!! I am soo excited...and while I can't believe i am moving yet again (family joke is to never put my address in ink in the address book....lol)...I am looking forward to this new chapter in Deb's and my crazy life...La Vida Loca!!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations, Linda and Deb! Sounds like a great move! I just love that Ocala area. We almost moved back there once. Even took a trip out to look at real estate. It is hard to find work, though.

I LOVE Brooksville! Good choice!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

(Big Christmas store nearby) LOL

Congratulations to both of you, Linda! The new place sounds wonderful and everything else seems to be pretty much ideal, too. How lucky for Deb that she could get her job back!!

We had the same family joke about me for years, too. This move to Ohio will only be my third move in 12 years which is definitely a record for me. lol I always thought it was amazing if I lived somewhere long enough to be at the address that was printed in the phone book!

I wish you both all the best in your new home!

Sounds like you're both going to be much happier. Sounds like you've found the perfect spot
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone!

I know that this will be a very good move for both of us! Deb has not been happy at the hospital she is working at (along with the travel time)and she had always enjoyed working at the hospital where she worked previously.

And I will be much happier because I will finally be able to "do" something...other than be home all day; stuck without a vehicle! Hoping by the beginning of next year I can buy a car.

I will miss my current barn...where all my horses are tucked in their own individual stalls at night. Not sure what I will end up with...It will be basic, but hopefully something I can divide to make at least a few stalls along with an open area for them to get in out of the weather on their own. There are a lot of trees for shade, tho.

LOL@ Sunny!! We will be locked into a 2 yr lease with this new move, so it will be the longest I've lived somewhere since 2004...I've moved 9 times with this move coming up since then!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png

OH COOL! It sounds awesome! Life just gets better and better and I'm so happy for you!
default_aktion033.gif

Of course we'll need pics and details about it all after the move!
default_biggrin.png

Brooksville is a nice area. I will be in Florida in October. Maybe if it is ok and I have time, I could stop by to see you and your horses.

Brookesville is nice. I also wanted to let you know that you can always use miniature horse panels for stalls if you need to. That way you have stalls and if the setup doesn't work you can always move them around.

Congratulations! Sounds like a great plan all around!

Thanks!
default_smile.png

Wade...Where in Florida are you? We plan on using cattle panels for "dividers" if needed...Just need to see how our landlord plans on setting this shelter up, then go from there.

That is awesome that the commute for Deb will be so much shorter! Color me jealous -- 50 miles each way!!! Moving is no fun but it sounds like this will be all worth it and you'll be settled in before you know it. Congratulations
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Thanks!
default_smile.png

Wade...Where in Florida are you? We plan on using cattle panels for "dividers" if needed...Just need to see how our landlord plans on setting this shelter up, then go from there.
We are in the Palm Beaches right now but hopefully moving to Lakeland sometime this year. If not there at least somewhere smaller and quieter than the Palm Beaches. I am getting to be like you. I moved here from Palm City, FL in August of 2010 and moved again this past June. When I was younger we moved every two years as my dad owned a construction company and he'd buy a house, fix them up to the point where you'd never know it was the same house, and then we'd start all over again.

Amanda

Thanks everyone. As Linda said, this will be a great move for us. Looking forward to working at Oak Hill again, really enjoyed the people I worked with there and the fact that its over 30 minutes closer to this house doesn't hurt either. Looking forward to being nearer or horsey friends and the area that we enjoy showing in as well. Just all the way around with the exception of being further away from our non horse friends this move feels just right.
default_aktion033.gif
But, as for our non horse friends we'll still be close enough to see them almost as much as we do now.

Latest posts

Back