Movie People, I need help with movie making

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I've been taking a lot of movies but having trouble uploading them to photobucket and youtube

I have been splicing them together (using Kodak) but when I upload them, it only goes as far as where I have spliced and then stops. When I test them in Kodak, they are working fine. When I pre test them in youtube or photobucket before I upload them right there, they are still working fine. But, once uploaded, nope, they stop at the spliced part so you only get to see the first part of the movie.

I am still under the amount of MB and minutes but seems whenever I get to that part I have spliced, that part does not come out and the movie stops right there.

(I tried using windows movie maker to see if that makes a difference, but for some reason it says it cannot import movies there from my kodak so that's out)

Any ideas?

hmm...there have been over 50 people looking at this and no one has replied... Has anyone helped you off line? My first suggestion was to use MovieMaker which I use. But you can't...

I'm not familiar with Kodak and what it does. MovieMaker takes all kinds of media files so I am thinking that Kodak has a proprietary file that MM won't recognize. What is the extension of the Kodak file (the letters after the dot)?

My suggestions:

Download the latest version of MovieMaker from the Microsoft site.

Try to save the Kodak movie as something else, some other kind of movie before you try to import. mpeg, avi...?

If you can't do that, search the Internet for a free software utility that will change the Kodak file type to something MM will read. www.tucows.com has been good for me in the past.

My other thought is that there is a memory (RAM) issue. Have you had others test the completed videos on another computer?

This is so hard to diagnose over distance because hardware and software issues can be so tricky (ang annoying).

Another thought.. are you able to view the videos of my gelding driving? www.bitoblue.com/tex.html Try the last one in the list (smallest) and wait until the entire 4.7mb is downloaded. It will pause and buffer and pause and buffer. Looks like it's done but it's not.

Latest posts

Back