motel rooms for the show in Shawnee, OK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
or at least a warning about one of the motels in the area. If you have booked rooms at one of the motels located southeast of the fairgrounds, you might want to try to find a different motel. They have a horrible reputation for making charges to people's credit cards for room damages.

If you would like the name of this motel, please pm me.

I really don't want any of you to get ripped off, and the owners have done this to several that I personally know of.

Mary

Yes! We also stayed at a motel in Shawnee, OK when we were there for a sale.

At about midnight when we got back to the room...we pulled back the blanket to discover there were NO SHEETS on the bed! AND it looked as though everyone had been sleeping on it that way, it was DISGUSTING. Pee stains & who knows what else on that mattress. Just a comforter & two pillows laying on top of the mattress :smileypuke:

So we call the front desk and reach a lady that didn't understand what we were saying (she didn't speak english hardly at all), and finally we walked up to the front desk. Only to discover THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY SHEETS (or at least she said they didn't). They would not refund our money either!

So needless to say, we went ahead & showered in the room and slept in the nose of the trailer.

This is a very large hotel chain too, so watch it!

Please PM me as to which motel this is - hopefully not the one I booked.........

Just so the rest of you will know, Tuffsmom and I pm's each other and it is the same motel. I'm serious when I say if you have rooms booked there, please try to find rooms at another motel.

I will make some calls and see if I can find out which motels still have rooms. There are a lot of motels in this town and none of them are more than 3 miles from the fairgrounds.

As soon as I find out, I will post the names and phone numbers of the ones that still have rooms.

Mary

Back