More puppy pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I can't believe they will be 5 weeks old tomorrow!!!! They are growing like weeds. They have had lots of visitors (my nieces & nephews) over the past week now that school is out….they all, kids & puppies, think that is great fun
default_yes.gif

Today I was able to get them outside for a bit. It is nice to have a litter in nice weather, instead of a few feet of snow and unbearably cold temps

As for Jersey (the puppy with the eye injury), she went for a checkup last Wednesday. Her eye seems to be absolutely fine!! HOORAY!!! She does have to go in for a small procedure next week to fix a tear in her third eyelid, which is concerning due to her going under anesthetic again, but otherwise, her eye is a-ok! That is a huge relief. We still have no idea what she did, but I'm very glad there were no lasting problems.

Anyway, here are some pics of them.
default_wub.png

~kathryn

IMG_9925.JPG

IMG_9921.JPG

This was what I woke up to the other morning when I got up at 5AM to get ready for work. They didn't budge while I got changed, grabbed the camera and snuck up on them!

IMG_9916.JPG

IMG_9917.JPG

Awww, dang I am starting to really want another puppy lol. We have said we won't get another until our rotti is more mature, she's 2 but still acts like a dopey pup alot of the time - maybe next year. But those puppies are just too darn cute and they don't stop being cute when they grow up either. 'Sigh'

Sure am happy to hear your little girl is going to be just fine.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks so much for the photos.I am a PUPPY ADDICT. I love my horses but puppies are the greatest thing in the world IMO.Keep those photos coming.Beautiful puppies.I will be looking forward to their show ring careers.My groomer and close friend has Kimberwicke Kennels and has some very nice Cardigans.She keeps trying to switch me from Pems, but I love the fuzzy butt with no tail.I have had Pembrokes since 1972 My girls are 14 on Aug 28 and her daughter recently turned 12 Keep those photos coming.I no longer show but am still active in our local kennel club which a friend and I started many years ago..Getting ready for our 50th anniversary show.I no longer show or breed but love to keep up with friends who show and breed and the wins of the dogs and their new litters.Your dogs are beautiful.You should be very proud of your accomplishments.It is very difficult to compete with the pros and come out on top but you are doing it.You go girl.Keep the photos coming.

Thanks everyone!! Puppies are all getting baths tonight….they are FILTHY!!! This is my first 'full' litter that I've had through the summer….not used to how that changes the mess! LOL

Your dogs are beautiful.You should be very proud of your accomplishments.It is very difficult to compete with the pros and come out on top but you are doing it.You go girl.Keep the photos coming.
bevann, thank you for that! You have no idea how much that means…..people who have been in the sport and have seriously competed with the pros know, but even some who have been 'in it' for years really don't understand. I've had some very successful UPS, many very bad downs…..but I am hoping things are starting to head in the right direction!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

I raised and showed German Shepherds for many years.When I had litters about the time the pups were ready to show to prospective buyers they were filthy when I raised them on newspapers.I switched to large pine shavings and put a few cedar shavings in with them.they were spotless, stayed clean and smelled great.the shavings just balled around the poop.I also did my Corgi pups that way.Kept them nice and clean and sweet smelling.Keep those photos coming.

Kathryn, OMG your puppies are ADORABLE!!!!!! I am with Bevann I admit that I too am a puppy addict!!!!! I have owned dachshunds for 28 yrs, never showed them and only had one litter but I love dogs especiallly puppies!!! Right now I have 4 all 3 coats and different colors, ages 8 months to 14 yrs!! We also have a 19 month old chocolate Lab!!!!

I am not that familar with the Welsh Corgis breed but they are soooo cute, love, love their sweet faces!!!! How many adults do you have? The one in your profile picture is a cutuie too!! Do you show very often?

This is a picture of my new puppy! She is a wire doxies.....

5261C371-1190-4019-939E-CA576367DB08.JPG

Aww thanks misty'smom!!! I love the doxies too, especially the wires!!
default_smile.png

There are 2 different breeds of Welsh Corgis. Pembroke Welsh Corgis (from Pembrokeshire) and Cardigan Welsh Corgis (from Cardiganshire). Cardigans are believed to be descendants of the Teckel family of dogs (which is also where the Dachshund comes from!), and they are believed to have existed in Wales for over 3,000 years.

Pembrokes are believed to be descendants of some of the Spitz breeds.

Cardigans are not nearly as well known as the Pembrokes (which is mainly due to the Pembroke's fame with the Royal family).

RIght now, I have 10 adults ranging from 9 years to 8 months. The one in my avatar is Mate-r, BISS Can GCH Am CH Esrohollow Radsprings Tuhmater Can/Am HT, pictured at 4 months of age. I don't show an awful lot, 3 weekends so far this year, plus the American National. I don't make it to much more than a show a month when I am showing 'heavily'…that's about all I can afford both in time and money! I also herd, so enter herding trials as well.

This is Mate-r back in April

BH5P2757.JPG

~kathryn

Bevann, also a long time pem owner here but I tell ya, get a Cardi and you'll. be a Cardi person for life as I am now after getting Lily from Kathryn 5 years ago.

I have been working on my housemates that Lily needs a puppy to play with as the lab and golden are too much. She looks like the sad little kid that never gets to play.

Jody,my friend Sophie of Kimberwicke Kennels has some really fine Cardis and keeps trying to get me to switch.But I really love the Pems.Saw my 1st one in 1960 and loved them at first sight.Talked to Marjorie Butcher of Cote de Neige Kennels at a show and she really turned me off.Asked if I had heated kennels, air conditioned kennels and I got the impression they were very delicate dogs.In 1972 an English woman came to our area with a Wey bitch she brought with her.Got my 1st Pem from her and have had them ever since.I love their compact bodies and no tails.Not sure I will ever switch.I have also had German Shorthaired Pointer and bred and showed German Shepherds for 42 years(same line from 1960 to 2002)Now have a rescue Shepherd.Have also had a Blue Heeler and a terrier mix from the shelter and currently have my sick son's Yellow Lab.When I like something I stick with it.Not sure I will ever switch to Cardis.

trust me, i was the same way about my pems. nothing delicate about cardis at all. it took a while to get used to the tail and the narrower head and smaller eye but i adore this dog. not as barky as pems, plus potty training was easier, you could tell when she was going because that tail would go up. she was a very active puppy, more so than the pems, but by a year of age settled down and is the best dog ever. but hey, we have so many different breeds because not every breed is for every person. i still help with pem rescue, but no more pems. too many losses to dm in a row were just heartbreaking and a lot of breeders don't think that testing is important since it is an 'old dog' disease. right.

trust me, i was the same way about my pems. nothing delicate about cardis at all. it took a while to get used to the tail and the narrower head and smaller eye but i adore this dog. not as barky as pems, plus potty training was easier, you could tell when she was going because that tail would go up. she was a very active puppy, more so than the pems, but by a year of age settled down and is the best dog ever. but hey, we have so many different breeds because not every breed is for every person. i still help with pem rescue, but no more pems. too many losses to dm in a row were just heartbreaking and a lot of breeders don't think that testing is important since it is an 'old dog' disease. right.
Cardis bark less?!?!? wow, I'd hate to own a Pem! LOL OR you just got the quiet one Jody!
default_wink.png

If you remember Lilly was the one in the litter with her ears up first….I was told by a long time breeder that they were always the busiest of the litter!
default_rolleyes.gif
Not sure if it is true, but I know that has been true with my litters so far!

My only caution about DM testing is it has NOT been thoroughly 'tested' in Cardigans. Pembrokes have had far more thorough trials when they were establishing the test, but they are NOT the same breed. I am testing my young stock that I am breeding, but I'm not sure how much trust to put into the test in regards to Cardigans at the moment. My complaint about the test is if they test affected, they still may never get the disease….I think there is still much to learn in regards to DM, and DNA testing in general.

Oh and btw Jody, the 'pups' turn 8 this November.
default_new_shocked.gif

~kathryn

Noooooooo how did I lose 3 years? Somehow I thought they were 5!!!!!!!

Now I really do need a puppy. I won't call Cardis bark less, but pems seem to bark for no reason, like right now, Gracie is announcing the arrival of,,,,,,, nobody! Over and over! Lily is quietly destroying an indestructible toy.

Lily is quietly destroying an indestructible toy.
She does come by that honestly……Moxie destroyed any and every toy I have ever gotten, no matter how 'indestructible'. And well, their daddy's name *was* Shredder!!
default_whistling.gif
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

Back