More excitement at Hairiicane Ranch 2 new foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Just getting our new website up and running and The Spotlight ad done has been exciting enough, just ask Laura THE WEBMASTER, lol. But the horses decided they had to do their part too. On Thurs am Sassy foaled a small sorrel colt, giving birth in less than 2 minutes while I was pulling on shoes and running out the door. Colt was still in sack and it was thick and tough! I got him right out and he was totally out of it! If I hadnt been there to bring him back he would have been a goner. Happy to say he is fine now and is a little guy! Dad is one of our overos Frankie. This is a repeat breeding and last one was an overo.

sassfrankrtsidetrotbabygoodNotFfix4106.jpg

sassyfrankiecoltfaceclose33006.jpg

Then early fri am Obsession foals and gives me time to actually get out there and we have a nice normal birth, yeah, its a filly, yeah. All looks good until several hours later I realize she is up under mom and getting a little milk but she is not sure of the right place to nurse and is sucking on moms flank, leg etc. She was getting weak and having trouble standing. So I syringe fed her and spent the rest of the day making sure I held her up to nurse and show her where the right place is. She is now fine, more than fine even, a little spitfire! Dad is Ranger, in our avatar, and last year this same breeding produced a loud overo filly. Oh well guess I cant be greedy, I was lucky to get 2 live foals the way this year is going. These are foals #6 and 7 for the year. Here she is--

obsessrangfillytrottailoutBest4106.jpg

obsrangsideheadparatlycamGOOD1day4106.jpg

I had to include these pix of obsession having a good roll and scratch. Look at her lips and googly eye, funny!

obsessrangermomrollfunnylips4106.jpg

Then here is the Xrated shot of her in full back scratching mode

obsessfillymomrollXrated4106.jpg

Well those are the newest arrivals and our other "new" driving horses are not exactly new. But they are new to driving!! And here they are at only 2 weeks of driving training. I have to thank our friend and her 4h club who u can see driving them in the pix., we are all learning a lot. This is Velvet our Little Kings Black Velvet son.

velvetdrivefrontGOOD306.jpg

This is Mark who is doing great too!

markdriveleftsideok306.jpg

And here is Warpaint who is showing great promise and will be in his 1st driving show next weekend!

warpaintdrivenocartcloseupgoodface306.jpg

warpaintdrivetrotsidebestextention306.jpg

They are being such good boys and they like driving too!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Pretty Babies!!!

Looks like your driving horses are doing well and you are lucky to have energetic help to work them!! I love that sandy track..I only have a hayfield with stubble and bumps...NOT fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty babies and I love your bay mare! Congratulations!! Mary

Congratulations on 2 beautiful, healthy babies.. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Peat and Repeat :bgrin if you tooka lil white paint and maid thier stars look the same you would have twins :lol: just kiddin but they sure are cute. Good job on getting the colt out of the sac :aktion033: :aktion033: i aplaud you :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations on 2 healthy foals!! The crescent star on the filly's head is sure cute! Love the driving pics! I'm just learning to drive myself and having so much fun!

Congratulations :aktion033: on two beautiful foals and glad all turned out well. Your driving horses look great have fun and enjoy.
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033:
default_wub.png
: I just love that "swirl" mark on the filly! Both are very cute! and I love the driving horses! thanks for sharing pictures
default_wub.png
:

What adorable babies. Love the tiny red colt. I am good at tiny red colts too :)

And your driving horses are beautiful and look like they are doing So well!

Susan O.

OMG had a good chuckle with the picture of the foal licking it's lips and pinned back ears.... looks like it was demanding "More milk"!!!!!

Lovely foals...love the pictures,, quite well done. :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa....beautiful foals and very pretty driving horses too!!

Latest posts

Back