"Moment of Death"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i ran across this t.v. show on the national geographic channel a few nights ago, part of the "explorer" series. i was channel surfing, couldn't find anything interesting and happened to see the title. i thought, no way i can watch this, just no way but then, for some reason i was just drawn to it.

i tried to watch from an analytical point of view and for the most part, i was successful although there were some very emotional moments for me, too. the whole hour was very tastefully done, i thought. sometimes brutal, other times spiritual.

it is being re-broadcast saturday night and i intend to watch it again because i missed the first 10 minutes or so. there were several people who discussed and described their near-death experiences and as strange as it sounds, it was really comforting to me to think that it's very likely that gary had such an experience and i would so much rather think of his death as being peaceful rather than painful.

if you think you can handle this, i highly recommend it.

Thanks for that, Charlene........I have read a couple of books by people who've experienced NDE's......plus know a couple on line via the book "Hello From Heaven -- (the chat forum). Hopefully I'll not space that and will remember to watch! What time?

mini, marty sent me that book and i have spent many evenings reading bits and pieces and have really found much comfort from it.

the ad i found online for the t.v. show indicates 6:00 p.m. but i'm not sure what time zone they're referring to. it's the National Geographic channel and is from the "Explorer" series.
default_smile.png

Is that the one where the man travels to Switzerland to be euthanised? He has ALS, right? I saw a bit on Global here. The end. So beautifully done. My sister is in the later stages of ALS and I know she talked early on about wanting to do something similar. Such an awful disease. Such a horrific way to die (suffocation, essentially, for those that don't know). I'd like to watch the whole show.

Ooops. Maybe that's another one...

Last edited by a moderator:
matt, i think that's a different show. i don't recall anything about that during this one. i'm so sorry about your sister.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back