Missing Dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky seven

Reaction score
If any of you live in the Corning NY area or have family there, my grandson's dog named Cinco ran away from her sitter on Monday and has been spotted by people but not found since then. She has been seen around a building called Fazzarys. She is 1 1/2 yo, black with white and I think a blue collar. She is timid and won't come to people, even if they have food. There are fliers all over the place so if anyone sees her please call the phone number listed. The vets and shelters have all been notified.

I'm no where near there, but just read a short article on-line the other day about helping bring a lost dog home. Take an article of your grandson's clothing or blanket with his scent on it to where ever the dog was last seen, and leave it (with a note posted nearby so the clothing isn't removed) and a little water (I believe they said no food, as wild critters will get that). [some also take a kennel, but one person said their kennel was taken (but I do believe they did get their dog, despite someone else taking their kennel).] then check the area several times a day, especially in the morning, and hope.

Good luck, I hope he finds his dog.

Please talk to mail carriers in the area.They usually spot strange dogs in the area.Lost my dog many years ago and he was found by carrier.When my dog sired his first litter I gave the mail carrier a pup and she became a local celebrity walking with him on his daily route.good luck finding the dog and let us know when it is found.

Will pass that idea on as well, my daughter is editor of one of the local papers so Cinco's photo and contact info has been displayed daily as well as a network of friends looking everywhere. I'm beginning to lose hope that she will return home. Hopefully some nice people have taken her in.

Cinco has been seen and my daughter has talked with people who have seen her recently. She is very upset and feels like she has failed this dog in some way. Hopefully she will be found soon.

Latest posts

Back