Missing airliner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay--I have done some digging....cell phones do not work well in aircraft. They did work on Flight 93, though most of those calls we're from the seat back air phones, only 3 calls were from cell phones. It is said that above 10000 ft there is generally no cell service. As well--because of the speed of a plane, the signal jumps quickly from tower to tower--generally calls would be dropped. It is also possible that a cell being used from above the tower could actually cause the tower to shut down....I forget what they called it....

And of Course out over the ocean there is no cell service. Likewise--flying over jungle or maybe desert--there may be large areas with no coverage. So, it seems that the use of phones on the doomed Flight 93 on 9/11 may have been more of a fluke of fate, possibly never to be repeated.

Also remember--it is very likely that highjackers would demand that all passengers put their phones into a box or a bag, as they would not want to risk someone managing to make a call or send a text.

If a plane malfunction caused all means if communication to be disabled, then perhaps someone could have tried to get a cell message out....but more and more it looks as if there was no malfunction, only a highjacking.

Truth be told, this plane is a terrorist's dream--an intact, functioning jetliner--exactly what they would want! I fear what they will do with it--it will be nothing good. Fill it with biological weapons....chemicals? Explosives? It is a 200 foot long guided missile.

The news this morning had an interesting theory, they think the pilot may have wanted to commit suicide. That it is known that the transponder was turned off intentionally, and that the new course taking the craft over the Indian Ocean was put in manually before the pilot told the tower goodnight. They also said that the passengers could have easily been subdued if plane was depressureized since the oxegen would only last a few minutes and keep them in their seats. Awful to think of.

Also the pilot has a flight similater in his house, why would he need that? If he did crash the plane, I hope those passengers didn't know what was going to happen and suffer.

Except...another report I read said that the 777 is certified to fly above 40000 ft, which means it is almost certainly safe at 45000 (the expert being interviewed said that planes are always safe at a higher altitude than they are certified for) so when the plane rose to that elevation the passengers were not likely to notice anything different--the cabin would have remained pressurized even at that elevation.

Certain of the authorities are very determined to believe that it was simply suicide. Frankly, I think if a pilot wanted to commit suicide he would have simply dived the plane into the ocean right where they were at the moment. He did not need to fly the plane all the way to the South Indian Ocean to do it.

In any case--they have no idea if the plane was on the southern route, or the northern one. The plane may just as easily be somewhere in the Middle East.

Given that there are now reports of a terrorist in the UK giving info on a Malaysian terrorist plot to hijack a plane...that seems more and more probable as an explanation.

So I have a related question - why can transponders be turned off? What is the situation that would ever require a pilot to turn one off? Since 3 of 4 were turned off on 9/11, wouldn't you think they would have been made so they CANNOT be turned off after that? I don't understand. . . .

I have no faith in mainstream media, period. I have been reading what Mike Adams of Natural News is saying in his articles last Monday and also Friday and will continue to keep tabs on what he thinks may have happened. Basically, he has said good news is that the passengers could very well still be alive. Bad news is that a hijacked 777 could become a nuclear weapon.

Well, it's st least now officially reported that it is / was a hijack situation. Awful, but anticipated
default_sad.png

One of the airline security experts who have been being interviewed on major network TV, when asked about the transponders even being ABLE to be turned off, said it was because they needed to be while planes were on the ground at major airports...something about interference with other vital radio signals....sounded feasible. This AM, on the MSN home page, there was a short piece about how Malaysian officials say that the 'other'info transmitting system..not the transponders...was actually turned off BEFORE the pilots made their last radio contact w/ flight controllers! My first thought was, "NOW they admit that???"

IMO, almost ANY of the possibilities put forth so far is very, VERY frightening.....even if the motivation was 'just' suicide...it takes extreme depravity to have no regard for the lives of all the others on the plane...

I think it was a very well planned out terrorist thing. It would not surprise me if they landed this plane safely somewhere and it is hidden. I think it is some kind of ploy to catch us off guard, while all eyes on looking for the plane and bamm, we're going to get hit with something.

I think it was a very well planned out terrorist thing. It would not surprise me if they landed this plane safely somewhere and it is hidden. I think it is some kind of ploy to catch us off guard, while all eyes on looking for the plane and bamm, we're going to get hit with something.
Looks like it went down on that southern trajectory - into the Indian Ocean. :-(

No terrorist would pick that route - there is nothing out there. We may never know what really happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, remember what happened on 9/11 over a field in PA. Thank God, it doesn't always pan out as enemies plan. We can't possibly know at this point that it's time to rule out terrorism.

To me, there really are no scenarios that make any kind of sense from ANY standpoint. Pilot decided to commit suicide, disabled co-pilot, somehow also passengers and remainder of crew? Terrorist, or 'simply' some sociopath, commandeered plane somehow, ordered pilots to fly until plane ran out of fuel, taking all on board to their deaths--just to show they could kill innocent people when they wished? Some kind of on-board disaster...fire, etc....disabled ALL on board, plane flew on autopilot until fuel gone? ALL seem VERY unlikely to me...hopefully, there will continue to be those who will delve into every facet of this sad situation and find answers.

I have to agree with Sonya. Not buying it. Benghazi history reminds me to never trust the official story. We have no plane, no evidence, no passengers. Malaysian government is trying to put it to rest to cover up their own incompetence. I don't believe they know where the plane is, as well as the who and the why. Highly probable that some planted debris will soon be found floating.

I'm with Sonya. I don't buy this. I won't believe it until they have absolute proof, maybe the black boxes?--it makes no sense for that plane to be there in that ocean. And even with the black boxes....well, we will see. I do think someone likely knows something they are not telling...

There is a report that tye plot to bring down the plane over Lockerbie was hatched in Iran, not Libya...I am in the group that believes TWA Flight 800 was brought down by a surface to air missile...oh yes, we have been lied to before.

There are so many unanswered questions, and so much that is not rational at all. The news is reporting objects floating in the ocean but no ships have made it there yet to retrieve. No subs have been sent yet, they say they are waiting until a ping from the black boxes is heard. In my opinion I think they should at least have one sub headed to the area so that when a sound is heard it will take less time to investagate. This whole situation is so sad and horrable for the families waiting for proof, and conformation.

I saw on CNN this morning the Chinese have picked up some pings they hope are beacons from the planes data recorders.

Back