Minis a USEF Recognized breed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeaky

Reaction score
Hi,

A few months ago, I remember reading that the minis where going to become a recognized USEF breed. I haven't seen any updates since then and was just wondering the status of this happening. I would love it if we became a part of USEF as they have many great programs and options available for members and shows.

Thanks,

Amanda

If they do, be ready for your fees to more than double. I have a friend who has arabians and she say the fees are huge and its because of the USEF

If they do, be ready for your fees to more than double. I have a friend who has arabians and she say the fees are huge and its because of the USEF
A USEF recognized breed is not the same as being a member of USEF like the Arabians are - http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsDisciplines/breeds/Default.aspx ASPC has been a USEF recognized breed for many, many years and USEF has special awards available for those ASPC members who also choose to be USEF members including the high point they sponsored at Congress this year - http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsDisciplines/breeds/shetland/shetland.aspx Several ASPC/AMHR Youth members have benefited from the USEF Youth Program. I'm not sure where AMHR is in the recognization process but I'm sure our Director of Marketing will update us at Convention.

Thanks for the correction--Appreciate it. Did not realize there was a difference.

Thanks Lewella.

I am really excited for this to go through. When I showed Frisians, I was a member of USEF and the benefits and awards were awesome.

Amanda

Yes they are. I am not sure when it will take place thankfully the USEF people will be there at Convention to discuss the process and all that is available to us as part of the USEF.

I realize that they have added fees ect if you have a USEF show but I can tell you what.. those kids (ok they are young adults) who come out and discuss USEF every year at Convention can teach our "marketing" person a thing or two. They are wonderful speakers- answer all questions - make themselves available after their committee meeting for more questions and most of all are very knowledgable about the industry as a whole. Wish we could recruit one of them
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back