Mini Trail driving in Mass

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbark

Reaction score
Hi all,

A few of us mini drivers are looking to add to the "convoy". We meet at Maudsley State Park on Saturdays and drive for about two hours and then have a picnic lunch. Anyone in the area interested in joining in?????

Just flash me a message and I will give you any info you need.

hey there

hows BELLA!!! where is the state park i might want to take my guy out, used to love trail riding, so would love to try trail driving, how are the trails??

angel

The park is in Newburyport, Rte 95 exit 57, Maudsley State Park. The trails are gorgeous and run along the Merrimack River. Well groomed trails and we are usually out about an hour and 45 minutes. Then we let the horses graze in the field where we park while we graze on lunch and chit chat. Bring a chair, a lunch, a horse, a cart and have some fun with us. We are planning on this Saturday at 10:30, parking is $2...

Anyone interested or wanting directions or any info can email me at [email protected] I am putting together a list so that I can email everyone interested when the drives are on (we base it on the weather but usually every weekend)

The more minis in our convoy the better.

Holly Bella is fat and I am working her tail off to get back her girlish figure...spoiled rotten that little one! Will be sending pictures of her to Bobbi.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh my lazy horses wouldn't be able to last 2 hours. They get tired after a half hour drive.. But suppose thats also due to the fat pockets and lack of exercise.

ooh my lazy horses wouldn't be able to last 2 hours. They get tired after a half hour drive.. But suppose thats also due to the fat pockets and lack of exercise.

lot of walking and trotting....nothing overly stressful for them...Just a lot of fun gabbing while going through the woods...we can always get you back earlier if you would like to join in....think about it..

do you guys go out every sat i have the fonda new york show this weekend but would love to go

glad to here holly bella is doing well i loved that mare when ma had her!!

angel

The next two weekends are out for me as Molly is finally finishing up with school, but keep me on the list for after that! We NEED some trail driving!

Where are you????? I'll need directions from the Cape.

dru

The next two weekends are out for me as Molly is finally finishing up with school, but keep me on the list for after that! We NEED some trail driving!Where are you????? I'll need directions from the Cape.

dru
Follow 95 all the way towards NH...you can pick up 95 off 93 if you come through Boston. Google mapquest, and you want Maudsley State Park in Newburyport, it is right off exit 57 on Rte 95, real easy to find. If you come from the south, you take a left at the end of the ramp, go through the lights and take the fourth street on the right Hoyts Rd, (go past Daniel Lucy, Phillips, Artichoke and then it is Hoyts), follow Hoyts to the end, the park is right in front of you, turn right and the parking lot is on the right. You can also take Daniel Lucy and come right out to the park but it is a winding kid laden road.

From the north you bear right off the exit and use the same directions.

July 4th is a no go for sure, but the 11th we will be going out, so maybe you can make that.

do you guys go out every sat i have the fonda new york show this weekend but would love to go
glad to here holly bella is doing well i loved that mare when ma had her!!

angel
We try for every nice weekend we get... so anytime, come on and join us.

Holly has been doing therapy work and is a real hit with the elderly. She really is sweet...but fat!

Maudsley State Park is a gorgeous park. Perfect for trail drives. Makayla and I went by there to check it out last year on Linda's recommendation. She and her family use to drive there a lot. We kept saying we wanted to go but just hadn't done it yet. Going in a group would be so much fun too.

Both our driving horses are laid up right now. Belle is a little lame and Cami just foaled but we definitely plan to join you when we are able. We are really looking forward to it!

Sue

Maudsley State Park is a gorgeous park. Perfect for trail drives. Makayla and I went by there to check it out last year on Linda's recommendation. She and her family use to drive there a lot. We kept saying we wanted to go but just hadn't done it yet. Going in a group would be so much fun too.
Both our driving horses are laid up right now. Belle is a little lame and Cami just foaled but we definitely plan to join you when we are able. We are really looking forward to it!

Sue
You are always welcome to come and have lunch with us, we get back in around 12:30-1:00...and horse talk. Good way to get to meet everyone who wants to come until your horses are better.

Dru, did you show in Dover NH on May 24th?

Latest posts

Back