Mini Sleazy hoods what is the smallest there is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintsRule

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I am not around much, but have been busy, with work and everything else. I have been playing around with mini hood patterns (my big horse pattern, has about a B sized mini hood included, and I scaled it down and made what I have been told is about a small). My question, if anyone has some really tiny ones, I would love to have some measurements, or if anyone has some old ones, in the smaller size, that they are ready to throw away....... Maybe I should not come on here for this, but would LOVE to see pictures of some of the smallest hoods, and smallest horses, wearing them! Heck, I would love to see any pictures of minis wearing hoods!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! Anyone have any pics?

I wish I had some pictures of mine wearing theirs. It is so funny to see them out in the paddock, the day before a show, all dressed up in Easter-egg colours.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: I like the wilder colours, not going to lose mine at a show.
default_smile.png

I had a tiny guy that we picked up at Nationals this year and I thought I had a small enough hood for him but he swam in it. I searched the vendors and found an XS. It is so darn tiny I cant believe they make them this small. I will get some measurements for you.

:bgrin Well heres some pics.. tehe.
default_wub.png
: Not Tiny though just medium :bgrin

Devon799.jpg

Devon798.jpg

00weeman.jpg

hehe-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Luver- where did you get your hoods? I am having a really hard time finding hoods that actually have extra large eye holes. Can't seem to find any that have eye holes large enough that they don't get eye rubs or it doesn't dig into their eyes when they put their neck down. The eye holes on yours look plenty big enough!

Jen

Mini Luver- where did you get your hoods? I am having a really hard time finding hoods that actually have extra large eye holes. Can't seem to find any that have eye holes large enough that they don't get eye rubs or it doesn't dig into their eyes when they put their neck down. The eye holes on yours look plenty big enough!

Jen

I make lots of slinky type hoods for all sizes with big eye holes i just could never find any with the big holles and was tried of runny eye i have a ad on little beg

Okay, would love to see small minis with hoods, I have pictures of the ones I have made that are for the bigger horses, but would love to see the smaller ones.

Questions also, I know the large eye hole thingy, but do you guys mind the seam on top, or would your rather no seams? Here is a small one I made, and the making eye holes bigger, is no problem. Mine have a seperate piece on the face, so the seam does not go on the middle of the face. Also do you like yokes between the legs to keep them in place?

I am curious, I have a pattern of what would fit a B sized mini and am sending what I think will fit a A sized 29 inch mini, just wondering in the A sized minis, do they make them down small enough to fit the babies too??? if they do, I would LOVE to see pictures!!!

When I first started making them, I would just have the front be straight across (the pink flowered and the cammo are like that) Then someone wanted me to make a shoulder guard and asked for the yoke, so I designed that. (the flowered and maroon one are both like that). I do not make them with zips unless someone asks, but do Mini people like them with zips? or it doesnt matter?

Here are some pictures.

Rexhoodcammo.jpg

Airehoodpinkflowers.jpg

These have yokes, but you cant really see them, but they seem to keep them in place better.

airfloweredhood.jpg

rexhoodburgundy.jpg

This is the small mini one I have made, but am thinking, I might make the eye holes bigger.

minihoodsmall.jpg

ANd this is a body cover I made, not sure whether I prefer them all one piece, but the seam at the shoulders, makes it so the blanket can be more fitted, as you can do darts to allow for the shoulders to be wider.

buddyfullbodysleazy.jpg

Latest posts

Back