Mini riden over jumps....Cringe or smile?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it and I think the parents of the child they have riding that horse should be beat. The poor thing is sooo over weight and then they put that kid that is too big for the horse and then make it jump. They should be beat.

I watched it and I think the parents of the child they have riding that horse should be beat. The poor thing is sooo over weight and then they put that kid that is too big for the horse and then make it jump. They should be beat.
I found this hard to watch....especially the final jump....he's struggling. You can tell he doesn't like the sport. Plus, you're right... the's so overweight, he could get a heart attack!

Hmm. He's definately too out of shape t be jumping like that. I'd hate to think what damage is being done to his legs. That said, I don't necessarily think the kid is too heavy (but she definately soon will be). But it's very clear to me the horse is sour and really doesn't like his job. On top of it all this little guy isn't much of an athlete and he hangs one of his front legs dangerously low when he jumps. We don't jump horses like this because they can get hung up on a fence and cause a wreck.

But then part of me knows that although the mini doesn't like what hes doing and its probably not doing any special favors for his legs, he's shiny, well cared for and probably very well loved which is more than I can say for a lot of the horses these days headed for the kill pen or to waste away in a pasture somewhere.

I normally don't comment on posts like this but....

Cringe. Definatley. Horse is way too overweight and the kid is pretty tall too. In the beginning she just kicks him and kicks him. He obviously doesn't like what he's doing! Why not just get him in shape slowly and jump him in hand? Or not jump him at all? Or get a bigger horse?
default_rolleyes.gif
People are ridiculous....

It always amazes me that people post on Youtube the stupid things that they do and get indignant when they get criticized for it. I want to tell them, "Hey, if you're going to do something dumb don't video it and for heaven's sake don't show everyone else how stupid you are by posting it on Youtube (because everyone probably already knows.)" Anyway, the mini was too fat, nice coat, but too fat and obviously not happy, though I'm sure he'd do just about anything for his little girl.

When i tried it said the video was removed. But I would probly cringe just by reading all the other comments.

I'm pretty sure it got removed because I posted a comment on it, and flagged it as abuse.

Though, the girl who hosted it said it wasn't her or her mini. I told her if that girl wants to jump, she can get a horse that fits her.
default_no.gif
I just don't get what goes through people's minds sometimes...

I'm pretty sure it got removed because I posted a comment on it, and flagged it as abuse.
Though, the girl who hosted it said it wasn't her or her mini. I told her if that girl wants to jump, she can get a horse that fits her.
default_no.gif
I just don't get what goes through people's minds sometimes...
Oh Yeah, I read that, you go girl
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
First off, although, some minis (larger ones like 35" or 38" or something like that) can be ridden by smaller, younger children could ride them around an arena, but not over jumps, I think that mini would be better suited to obsticle and driving and such, but I agree, so abuse... One of the comments, and I qoute "Nice clip, I liked how at the begining, the girl kicked him to get him under control and show him whos boss" now those arent the same exact words, but it was something along the lines of that
default_smileypuke.gif

The person who posted it, braged about being the young girls trainer. I would think a trainer would of had enough sense to say that the little girl should not being doing this with that horse.

Latest posts

Back