Mini People are the Best!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
People familiar with our gelding, OMP Pizazzs Yessiree Bob, know that he has some metabolic issues. This has caused some problems getting him in the show ring this year for my son. However, we always manage to find him a horse to show due to people's kindness. At a show earlier in June, Bob had to sit it out due to his sore hooves. Three people offered horses to my son to show. I'm so thankful that happened, as we had to borrow one of those horses again at World!

Anyway, Chris was supposed to show Bob in Youth Classic Pleasure and Showmanship at World. After taking 6th of 15 horses in Youth Classic Pleasure 12 & Under (
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah), Bob was obviously done. Showmanship wasn't to be with him. Chris had practiced so hard between the Central Championship show and World that I hated for him to not get a chance to show in Showmanship. The gelding that Chris showed in halter back in June was offered to him to show in halter at World to give him a second class to show in. Then we wondered how the horse would handle showmanship. Well, with no Showmanship training (read: no clue how to pivot, etc, LOL), Chris and Goodsells Robin Hoods Nitro took 4th of 7 in Youth Showmanship 7 and Under, and 4th in Youth with a Senior Gelding.
default_aktion033.gif

The only other registry I ever showed at was AQHA, and trust me, those people were nothing like the awesome people we've met since we switched to the little ones! We think we've even found a performance horse for Chris to lease for next year, to give Bob time off. Just have to wait for World to end so we can go try her out.

Thanks to Wilma Bouska, Jerry Horn and Tammi Nuttall for the horses this year. We really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you are right too. since having my boy i too have found the miniature world to be so much more friendly, helpful and enjoyable then when competing the bigger horses, i have only had my boy since april but have had so much help and support from people i have only recently known/met.

It's heartwarming to hear your son's experience. Congrats to him on his ribbons!

Congrats to you and your son! I agree, mini people are just awesome. At my first show this year, I had numerous people offer to help when they were already busy with their own horses and even helping run the show. I dragged my non horsey boyfriend along and after one class while by the rail waiting for results, another person showing in the class gave some pointers without even being asked. Just courteous and very nice!

Thank you Marsha for including me in that group! I just try to pass it forward. I love the mini world.

Hopefully we can get Bob stabilized and he can return to the show ring. I'd love to show him again myself. He's the farm favorite.

Rebecca, I saw your husband mentioned in the World results several times, so a big congrats to you as well! I'm sorry we didn't get to visit this year, but we weren't there long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats
default_aktion033.gif

So what are Bobs metabolic issues?
Thank you. Bob has Equine Metabolic Syndrome. Basically, he's like a diabetic. That is the easiest way to explain it. He has been on a great diet since June, but he had a relapse right before World. My vet said he may get sore every fall, we will just have to wait and see. We've known for awhile that he was insulin resistant so we had him on a good diet, but he was still getting normal hay. He seems to have progressed beyond that now. Thehorse.com is a good soruce for information on EMS and IR.

Have you heard of the ecir group? I am a member and IMO they seems to always have the latest info on all things PPID/IR. http://www.ecirhorse.com/ The link to the group is on that page lower right side kinda small. They also have wonderful "hoof gurus" who are GREAT at helping out even the most knowledgable farriers. Group is run by and I berlieve started by Dr Eleanor Kellon. Sometimes almost too much info sometimes!! Also if you cant find hay more suited to your guy and you cant soak your hay then maybe consider Ontario Dehydtrated Timothy Balanced Cubes???

Bob is currently eating Triple Crown's Safe Starch Forage. The problem is that my stallion's hay blew into Bob's stall. I will check that link, thank you.

Oh Stephanie, its so nice to hear about the good folks involved with these little horses. I must go now and place Wilma, Jerry and Tammi's names on the extra special "GOOD DEEDS" list that Santa has set up for extra special people.

I hope your young boy Chris had a super time at the show.....Santa and I enjoyed watching some of it on our computer at home. Santa was very impressed with the chariot races.

Please give a big hug to Bob from Rudolph,

Happy Holidays To All

Mrs.Claus

Back