Mini Mills (something like puppy mills)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I unfortunatly had an experience last week that make this thread jump out at me when I saw it. Last thursday I went to pick up a couple mares I bought because a woman was getting out of minis. I had seen the mares a few years ago and they were well bred and nicelittle horses. When I arrived at the farm I was APPAULLED. Skin and bones, NO water NO sign of any food, standing ancle deep in mud. TYwo little foals with eye infections, matted gross hair all over them. One mare that I was buying was skin and bones with a huge baby belly. I ended up loading all ten of them into my trailer and spent the weekend delivering the other eight to homes of my wonderful and caring friends. All the woman could talk aobut was producing foals!!!! These poor things were in with stallions WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!!! WAS SHE BLIND!!!It still makes me sick and I go down to the barn to check them alone with my mare stare horses . I dont know if I should call the human society or since I got them all out if I should just shut my mouth and thank God that I got there in time to get them all out. I made the quick decision when I got htere just to shut up and get the deal done so I could get them out of there. It eats at me though how these little ones have suffered. It is abviouse they havent had a good meal in a long time. Im feeding them small meals 4 times a day to go slowly. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should go about recanditioning these litttle girls let meknow Im kind of afraid to create a post on this as I wondered if the woman might be a lurker on this website. This in my oponion was a "mini mill" It sickens me and under the cercumstances I felt I did what was right to get them out. They look like junk now but they are actually a bunch of really nicely bred horses but If I hadnt seen them before I wouldnt believe they were any thing but junk. They are all triple reg. If the breeders who sold her thses horses ever knew they would freak. If anyone has suggestions on how I should feed the broodmare , she is about 4 weeks from her due date. Im worried that she will be to weak to deliver the foal. Too many people look at this as a money amker, Well Ill tell you I just lost any profit I might make just getting them out of there, Im so stressed about this Im not sure how to address it.

royal bless your heart!!! going slow on the feed is your best bet. ask your vet if a vitamin shot would help the mare nearing her foal date. please email me or call if you need help. You did a huge thing getting them out of there and i do believe you will be rewarded later by some beautiful horses :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back