Mini Cart Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kya's Mom

Reaction score
I just purchased a cart for my Mini. I am concerned about the shafts. They are not one piece. About 12 inches from the cart, they have bolts holding the rest of the length of the shaft. I have never seen this before and am concerned about the strength and saftety. I took one off and the piece that fits inside IS a solid metal rod, which made me feel a LITTLE better. But also the two pieces don't fit tightly there is a little wiggle to it. Why was this done? Is it to accomadated different shaft lenths? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to Lil' Beginnings!
default_saludando.gif

You might want to post this over on the driving forum and it would be helpful if you could post pictures of what you're talking about. I can think of a few reasons that might have been done but it's hard to say without seeing it.
default_smile.png

Leia

Welcome to Lil' Beginnings!
default_saludando.gif

You might want to post this over on the driving forum and it would be helpful if you could post pictures of what you're talking about. I can think of a few reasons that might have been done but it's hard to say without seeing it.
default_smile.png

Leia
We have a fancy parade cart made that way and I LOVE IT.so easy to haul-the shafts come off and I got a fiberglass gun case from WalMart and they fit in it perfectly.If a shaft gets broken you just get new ones.don't have to take the whole cart in for repair.

A number of carts are made this way. My Mini cart, which is a CTM, is not like this, but my CTM pony cart is--I think it is for ease of shipping (freight would be way higher if the 60" shafts had to ship all in one piece--this way, they come apart & fit into a shorter box)--I'd have to check again, but I don't think there is much, maybe not any, movement to the shafts once they are fastened together properly. CTM is reputable company, and I am not concerned about my shafts coming apart. My Smart Carts also have shafts that are similar to this--in their case the purpose of the 2 piece shafts is adjustability--the shafts telescope, so can be made longer or shorter. Once the bolts are tightened there is NO movement at all to these shafts, and as the Smart Cart is a top quality vehicle I have absolutely no worries about the shafts coming apart. (As a side note, the CTM pony cart shafts are not adjustable in length--the way they are made there is only one length that they can be.)

If there is very much "wiggle" to your shafts when the bolts are as tight as they can be I would have a bit of concern about how secure they are--if there is movement it is possible that the movement will cause the bolts to loosen with time and use. It may be possible that the movement will cause the bolts to wear through--I would keep an eye on them for those things. Mind you, I do routinely check all bolts on my vehicles, to make sure that none have worked loose, even if I don't expect to find any that have loosened. Better to check and be safe!

Latest posts

Back