Millie's story......kinda long

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyP

Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while but have seen the posts from Karen with pics of her daughter Liz and Liz's horse Millie. I thought I'd post the story of how Liz and Millie got together. It's kinda neat.
default_yes.gif
:

A few years ago I was looking for a mare. Bonnie Fogg lives near me and she's the one I purchased my two geldings from so I asked if she knew of any nice mares for sale. She told me about a black and white pinto with an awesome pedigree that was in Maine. So off Bonnie and I went to look at the mare.

She was a cutie and we both liked her so she came home with me. The place where Millie was staying was selling Millie for her owner and a little girl had been taking care of her. They said Millie really liked the little girl.

From the moment Millie came to my place she was a perfect angel. She immediately became friends with my two geldings. She did whatever I asked without complaint and was no problem whatsoever. Just one thing. She would not bond with me. She remained indifferent and I always felt she was a little sad. As Bonnie can tell you I form strong bonds with my animals. I tried and tried but Millie would not give me her heart.
default_sad.png

Some time later money became very tight and I had to make the unhappy decision to cut down to two horses. I let Bonnie know I was going to let Millie go. She told Karen and Karen's mom, Diane, as she knew they were looking for a horse for Liz. They came up to my place and I introduced them to Millie. I put a halter and lead on her and handed the lead to Liz. who was about 5 years old at the time. Liz and Millie walked off across the pasture with Liz talking a mile a minute to Millie. I could tell Mom and Grandma were a little concerned with Liz going off by herself with a strange horse. Millie and Liz stopped and talked to each other while I answered Liz and Karen's questions.

They ended up buying Millie for Liz and the transformation in Millie is amazing. She adores Liz and I can tell Liz loves her back.
default_wub.png
: I offered to hold Millie's lead for Liz at a show while they were resting and NO WAY, Millie was her horse and she would hold the lead.

Isn't it amazing how things work out.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. What seems to be a difficult time can be part of a greater plan.

Millie has found her person.

Becky P

[SIZE=14pt]That is a wonderful story. And I am a big one on things always seem to happen for a reason. I am glad that Millie and Liz are happy!!!!![/SIZE]

This is my last year in the youth division and Ive shown against Liz and Millie. And I get MY butt kicked! :bgrin They are awsome together.

For those that don't know Becky, well her horses are actually simonized at least twice daily!

They had a person complain to the police that he was being blinded by the glow when he drove by!

If Millie did not bond with her Millie its only because karma said she was for Lizzie.

Beckys horses are so lucky to have gone to her.

Best thing that ever happened to them!
default_yes.gif
:

Nice to have you back here Becky.

Bon

Becky, What a wonderful story. Lizzie and Millie of one soul. They were made for each other and I thank God for getting them together. Lizzie wouldn't part with her for all the gold in the world. Lizzie is now sharing/teaching a new 4-H member with Millie. This little girl is a bit small for her and Millie is just a trooper. We will have to post pictures for you again.

Oh BeckyP!!! You have brought tears to my eyes tonight.

Millie is such a special mare and she has taken over Lizzie heart and Lizzie her heart. The two of them do so much together and Lizzie always puts her first.

I can't thank Bonnie enough for sending us to you. Yes, it was hard to let her go off with a strange horse but you could tell then that Millie would not let anything happen to my little girl. She has proved that to me time/time again.

Each morning before school Lizzie has to go out and check on Millie and Patches.

Millie and Lizzie are in my avatar.

default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Lizzie and Millie are an amazing pair. My son shows with them as well and he has learned so much watching them work together.

Just knowing them and their special bond, knew there had to be a great story behind it.

default_yes.gif
:

That is just the most beautiful story. Thank you for sharing with us.

(Has anyone ever thought of taking the beautiful stories we read on here and making them into a book?)

Charlotte

Charlotte, thats sounds like a wonderful idea, now if I could only write.

Latest posts

Back