Midgee Petite (dwarf)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Great pics too.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Midgee is indeed, very lucky, as she doesn't appear to have the usual problems of most Dwarfs. She may be a combination of Achondroplastic and Brachiocephalic. She seems to have been sized down all over, and has the characteristic pot-belly of a Brachiocephalic Dwarf. But she has a relatively normal neck & head of an Anchondroplastic Dwarf. She doesn't appear to have an underbite...does she? How tall is she now? She is adorable & you are very lucky to have her! I also commend you on sharing your little girl with nursing home residents. I have also done this with my minis (and my little Dwarf "Button") for years....and it is by far, the most gratifying thing I've ever done with them!
default_wub.png

Well that pretty little girl would sure bring someone out of a funky depressive state in a hurry I'm sure!

How do you go about bringing a mini to a retirement home? Just call and say I'm coming???

I want to take my black stud to one...I know he'd love it. He just adores people.

Way to go
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Great pics too.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Midgee is indeed, very lucky, as she doesn't appear to have the usual problems of most Dwarfs. She may be a combination of Achondroplastic and Brachiocephalic. She seems to have been sized down all over, and has the characteristic pot-belly of a Brachiocephalic Dwarf. But she has a relatively normal neck & head of an Anchondroplastic Dwarf. She doesn't appear to have an underbite...does she? How tall is she now? She is adorable & you are very lucky to have her! I also commend you on sharing your little girl with nursing home residents. I have also done this with my minis (and my little Dwarf "Button") for years....and it is by far, the most gratifying thing I've ever done with them!
default_wub.png
You are right. Midgee is one of the 'lucky ones' as far as being a dwarf. She doesn't have an underbite at all, in fact, the dentist just said that her bite is much better than a lot of minis he visits!

The only thing that worries us is the heat. We are just heading into the warmer weather so she has been clipped out. Last summer was very hard on her. She seems to struggle on those hot days. She is kept in the front yard on those days under the shade of the trees which helps a lot. She also tries to sneak a visit inside the house!

She measures around 19 inches. She is smaller than the current season foals.
default_rolleyes.gif

We just love her and I'm so lucky to be able to share in her adventures. Like I have said before, I love her like my own.

Midgee's Mum works in town so she know's 'everyone', including the people who run the nursing home. She simply asked them for permission to bring Midgee in for a visit. She has also taken her other minis in for visits previously too.

Latest posts

Back