Midgee Petite (dwarf)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
Tuesday was "Melbourne Cup Day" here in Melbourne, Australia. It's the only horse race in the world to be declared a public holiday
default_biggrin.png
It's the race that stops the nation. I usually am involved in some type of cup day BBQ or social outing but this year, Midgee's Mum and I decided to do our bit of community service and take Midgee to visit the residents of the local nursing home. Midgee put a smile on all of their faces.

family119.jpg

family124.jpg

family129.jpg

Midgee meets a puppy..
default_wub.png

family136.jpg

family148.jpg

Then off to the 'dementia' ward. What a sad place. There was an elderly lady who had a doll in a stroller/pram. She thought that the doll was her real life baby.
default_no.gif
We managed to make them all smile with Midgee even though most of them thought Midgee was a dog and kept calling out 'puppy puppy'.
default_smile.png

family177.jpg

family181.jpg

family192.jpg

family195.jpg

family177.jpg

More photos coming.......

One last bum scratch before we leave...

family219.jpg

Then a walk down the road ...

family224.jpg

A quick stop at the local TAB. This is a place where you can place a bet on the Melbourne Cup horse race. Midgee got to meet the punters.

family233.jpg

Next stop was to play a game of giant chess. Too bad the chess pieces had been locked up for the day.

family235.jpg

Then into the local newsagency to read the form guide to pick a winner for the Cup.

family243.jpg

family248.jpg

A walk and nibble in the park. She is too small to get a drink from the concrete horse trough!

family252.jpg

family261.jpg

family264.jpg

Midgee says that she hopes you enjoyed her Melbourne Cup Day Adventures.
default_wub.png

family282.jpg

xox Leonie xox

Thank you Midgee!! What a perfect little horse you are!!!! Putting smiles on peoples faces in nursing homes is just the greatest thing ever!! You are a DOLL!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Awwww...she is a doll
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Thanks so much for sharing her days adventure with us. I am sure the nursing home residents enjoyed her as much as she enjoyed them. She is definitely a very special little sweetheart.

What a cutie. A few weeks back an acquaintance forwarded me an email named something like world cutest horse, and inside was a story about a tiny miniature horse from Australia, and there were a few pictures. Sure enough it was Midgee! I was so excited that I "know that horse" lol I felt like a crazed fan.

Well Done to all three of you.

Did you happen to think of taking Midgee's photo in the Newsagents with her looking at the latest edition of Horsedeals magazine????
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She is such a cutie!!! What joy she brought to everyone, the smiles say it all!!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Consider me a member of the Midgee Fan Club too!! She is just darling. Its wonderful that your friend and you are doing so many good things with her. Unfortunatly IMO so many of these little dwarfs get into the wrong hands and are just not given the extra care they so need. That is not the case with Miss Midgee, she looks wonderful, her coat,her little legs, even her tiny feet.....everything about her is so special!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you for sharing her adventures in Australia!!

Heidi

Consider me a member of the Midgee Fan Club too!! She is just darling. Its wonderful that your friend and you are doing so many good things with her. Unfortunatly IMO so many of these little dwarfs get into the wrong hands and are just not given the extra care they so need. That is not the case with Miss Midgee, she looks wonderful, her coat,her little legs, even her tiny feet.....everything about her is so special!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Thank you for sharing her adventures in Australia!!

Heidi
I guess Midgee is one of the 'lucky ones'. She doesn't seem to suffer with some of the problems that other dwarfs have. She has good legs, a good bite and has regular vet check ups. She just had her teeth checked and the dentist said her mouth is great.

She has only just been clipped out as she suffers terribly in the heat. She has fur that is more like sheeps fleece, than horse hair. Here is a photo of her taken a few weeks back, prior to clipping. Poor little thing can't do the mutual grooming with her buddy though as she can't reach!
default_rolleyes.gif

lees040.jpg

Midgee plays hard! She runs the fence line when all of the other minis have a play. She keeps up with them too. She has a field buddy and likes to think that she is the boss.

I'm so lucky to share in the adventures of Midgee, she is one of a kind.
default_wub.png

Holey Moley does she look different clipped.....she remindes me of the chubby little sheep that you would count trying to fall asleep!! I cant get over it, she is just too cute for words
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Thanks

Latest posts

Back