Michael Jackson's Farewell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I thought it was beautifully done. Within the first few moments I realized a couple of tissues wouldn't do at all, and I found myself holding the whole box of Kleenex. I don't know how anyone could have watched that with a dry eye. I really can't believe he's gone nor can I grasp when in the world did Michael Jackson turn 50! To me, he was still a teen and passing was like the end of another era in my life where I've had to close the door. I was especially drawn to Brooke Shield's words; she was so eloquent and spoke of him and their fun loving escapades in such a fond light and heartwarming way. I can't wait until Michael meets my Michael. We've done a lot of moonwalking in our stocking feet around here in the past years with all of us kissing the floor. I hope he teaches my kid how to finally do it without falling on his butt once and for all. They will surely be rocking on the clouds above.

and how he "turned white"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xJlyJgfS8

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it all ...and yes a (A) tissure was not enough. I also thought it was done very well. He was another Icon I also listened to all of his music and watched Thriller 7 million times...My kids bought me 2 Thriller CD'S as I wore one of them out...lol I hope he will rediscover his childhood that he missed, and searched for , for so many years. I wish that the press will just let the negativity go now...I think God should be his only judge from now on. RIP MJ

Very beautifully done and I am also still in complete shock that Michael Jackson is gone. Gone. When his daughter spoke at the end I completely lost it. Mind you I have had a terrible couple weeks with the passing of my beloved dog Shelby and also my very good friends husband passing away. Heavy hearted.

I have SO many fond memories of Michael Jackson and the way his music and dance moves crept there way into my life and the lives of my family. I clearly remember my youngest daughter dancing across the backyard in the 90's with her "Michael Jackson" glove on. She still has it in her memory box.

RIP Michael. Now you can FINALLY have peace!

i watched from beginning to end. i was so glad to see how respectful the crowd was. it was a beautiful service and yeah, whoever bought stock in kleenex yesterday cleaned up! his children are beautiful!!

I watched from beginning to end and I sobbed when Paris made her comment. I agree, his children are beautiful! The memorial was beautifully done!

I thought it was well done, too. Loved Brooke Shields talk and Germaine's singing.

I just hope that the press and the public leave the children alone. I hope that they are not brought into the spotlight.

I have been CRUSHED since he died. I've been crying all the time and his songs run through my head all the time. I was born in 1963 and he hit TV in 1969. I have lived my life with him in in it start to end!

People belly ache that all "this" is on TV too much. We have lost lots of stars lately, American icons. But HE was a world wide icon for 40 years! For those people that don't understand what was lost, I feel sorry for them.

Yes I've been listening and watching over & over everything I can since the day he died. I've been broken hearted and crying. I still can't believe it.

To me I grieve for the SOUL he was, not just what "we the world" lost. I cry for what he gave up to be all that he was, to so many. May he have the peace he deserves.

Nothing dies that is remembered and he will never die!

Thank you for what you gave us MJJ.

I also watched the whole thing, and thought it was wonderfully and respectfully done. Such incredible talent he had!

Marty, I thought of you and YOUR Michael the whole time, though. I think I cried more for you and your son than for Michael Jackson himself. I'm sure they'll be moonwalking together all over heaven! <<<HUGS>>> to you, my dear friend.

Sunny, I"m wondering too if I was grieving again for my Michael also during this because I was over the top with saddness all day long yestarday. I don't remember my Michael's funeral at all to this day but when I saw that coffin on TV I was a mess . I kept envisioning how me and the kids would practice our moonwalk and just when we had it going good, we would totally crack up when we'd knock into each other and slip and land on the floor. As Usher sang "Gone too Soon" that did it and I lost it. Two Michael Josephs gone too soon......

This one was mine without a doubt

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight

Here One Day

Gone One Night

marty, i understand your thoughts. while watching the service, i had so many flashbacks to gary's death and funeral. much of the time, i kept thinking about how his family is coping and what they will go through in the weeks and months to come.

I, too, thought it was beautifully done. Truly a great memorial to the greatest entertainer the world has ever known. I remember so much of Michael when he was young. Watching the Jackson 5 on the Ed Sullivan show. What a thrill!!! Yep, had me teary eyed for the whole day. And beyond. I've been spending time off and on watching Michael Jackson videos on YouTube. His legacy will live on through his music and his children.

I was able to see part of it. Hard to imagine he is gone, I feel like I grew up with him.

I do think that it is sad tho, that the "media" just doesn't leave well alone, the rest of his business. It is NO ones business how much he is in debt, what drugs he was on and this and that......

but then I guess that is what the media does. Feeds on stuff like that. Poor family. Poor Michael, and he isn't even here to defend or explain himself anymore.
default_no.gif

I saw some of it ...... In person.

I live right near the place they burried him in, it's actually just off a trail I ride to about every day. Took a horse part way up there, watched a bit from across the LA river. I counted 15 helicopters in the sky, and we heard that 1 or 2 were just there to police traffic up there so the other media helicopters didn't run into each other. They stayed going until some odd hour of the morning.

Still hard to believe he's gone.
default_no.gif

I watched it too, here in Belgium. I feel very sad, it's like I lost a friend from my teenage years. I think millions of people grow up with his music. He made us feel a little bit more special and loved with his music and dance. I hope he's finally at peace now, he deserves it. And he will never die in our memories, he will live forever in his music.

I watched the whole service too and was very moved by it all. I'm glad it was kept respectful especially with the children right there. Did you catch how "into' the service the daughter was? You could just tell how much she loved her dad even before her speech at the end. I especially hate all the talk about who is the "real" parent of the children. Do they really need to hear that? Would anyone say that about an adopted child? I'm the same age as Michael and can't believe he's gone....way too young. I hope who ever helped him get the drugs (that he had no business having) is held accountable. And I for one want to hear that someone is doing something about this gross missuse of a doctor's rights. I also hope the children find a place to be raised with people who truly care about them and not the money/fame.

I watched the whole service too and was very moved by it all. I'm glad it was kept respectful especially with the children right there. Did you catch how "into' the service the daughter was? You could just tell how much she loved her dad even before her speech at the end. I especially hate all the talk about who is the "real" parent of the children. Do they really need to hear that? Would anyone say that about an adopted child? I'm the same age as Michael and can't believe he's gone....way too young. I hope who ever helped him get the drugs (that he had no business having) is held accountable. And I for one want to hear that someone is doing something about this gross missuse of a doctor's rights. I also hope the children find a place to be raised with people who truly care about them and not the money/fame.

AMEN hollywoodmini!

Latest posts

Back