Merry Christmas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatCreekFarm

Reaction score
Our son and daughter-in-law are in from Texas for almost a week
default_aktion033.gif
We have lots of homemade goodies to eat, and on Christmas Eve (& leftovers on Christmas Day) we have Knifles (NIF-lees), which is an old recipe from my German mother-in-law. Fried potatoes, onions and little dumplings... YUM
default_eat.gif
Mother-in-law has been gone for 9 years, so now it's become my duty every year to prepare the Knifles (kinda scary at times)
default_unsure.png

Tonight we go to my sister-in-law's for her annual party of yummy eats and drinks
default_cheers.gif
We have Christmas at my parents' house on Christmas Day afternoon. Christmas night we spend at my grandma's house - she's 94 and still living alone (my hero
default_wub.png
) In betwixt and between, there will be visits with other family & friends ~ nothing very exciting but it's all good
default_cheekkiss.gif

Soooo, now I want to see what everyone else is doing for the holidays
default_laugh.png
And I'm off to do more cleaning and present-wrapping for now
default_xreiter.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Merry Christmas to the Forum Family!! [/SIZE]

default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
That sounds like a busy time for you...glad your son is coming!
default_aktion033.gif
Grandma!

I am sitting here with a mud mask on I'm going to an all girls party tonight, I need it..

finally got the tree up today, and all but stocking stufffers bought and wrapped
default_aktion033.gif
saddly no baking done hopefully will feel llike it tomorrow....

It is my in-laws turn to have us for Christmas dinner...Mom's next year...we will go to Mom's over Christmas, my brother and partner are coming from Edmonton and Toronto, haven't seen them since the summer..can't wait.

My father in law is Italian, so we have lots of good eats as well...

Must also
default_xreiter.gif
and get junk off face before I can't.....

[SIZE=14pt]Merry Christmas to my forum family as well![/SIZE]

]It's my turn for Christmas eve and Christmas Day this year, we rotate with my son and family, my daughter and family, my 'adopted "sis and hubby, and then back to me. We also have company up from Denver for a few days. I have been baking cookies, and bars all day today, Monday I will do my cream puffs, and the rest of the desserts. Our main meal, on Christmas day is going to be tenderloin tips, deep fried turkey, bar-b-Que ribs, and a ham, for potatoes I am making, mashed, my broccoli-hash brown bake, and yams with marshmallows, veg's, I am making green bean bake, broccoli-cauliflower bake, and scalloped corn, I am also making a few salads, (southern, pistachio, and frog eye) Christmas eve, I am just going to do a cheese and cracker plates, Italian beef w/buns, chips, burrito orderves, and bacon-tomato cups, and that vegetable dessert that looks like pizza...not sure of the name of it, and other munchies. My sister, and brother, nephew, BIL, SIL, and families will be here on Christmas day too. Then, I get to clean and clean and clean before the 29th when we get another bunch of friends coming up for a few days, and I can cook all over! GOT TO LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! If I keep my sanity I will be darn lucky.

[SIZE=14pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY FORUM FAMILY AS WELL[/SIZE]
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a busy time for you...glad your son is coming! Grandma!
Sadly, not Grandma ... yet! But we are grandparents to two hedgehogs, one mini lop and one lionhead bunny
default_yes.gif
That'll do for now I s'pose
default_wink.png

Change of plans!! I'm going to Ce's!!
default_xreiter.gif
Look at all that delish food!!
default_drool5.gif

Also, Cheryl, your girls' night out sounds great! Have fun!
default_thumbup.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Tammy, just hop on that next plane
default_yes.gif
our house is always OPEN for the holidays, and I never know who and how many are going to be here..so I just cook, and cook, and cook...and NO HELP from my Tammy, who is also on the forum now, and I hope she reads this.
default_biggrin.png
The advantage is I always have alot of left overs..so I get a good few days off of cooking afterwards..and do I take advantage of that....We're grandparents to 3 boys, (ages 1, 3, and 5) and 1 grandaughter age 3. Ce
[/SIZE]

Well, I finished my shopping today almost. I have a few more items to pick up tomorrow for Christmas Eve Dinner. We are having dinner at my daughters this year. She just moved out in July and has her first apartment. Mom is taking the dinner and cooking it there. My mom, dad and brother will be there also. So on monday morning my husband and myself will go to the daughters house and start cooking. Julie is really excited about having her first holiday dinner. Of coarse the boyfriend will be there. He is a really nice guy.

Then on Christmas day I have to work. We are going to have a party at work and bring food. We always get a patient or two that don't have families and believe it or not come to the ER on the holidays. So we will share our treats with them.

We always have our big Christmas on Christmas Eve. It just has always worked out that way. I am looking forward to it.

Hope that all of you have a fun and safe holiday.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

:DOH! Tammy, I don't know how the word Grandma got there, I think I was going to say something about your dear Grandma still living alone! Sorry! I hope I didn't hurt feelings
default_wub.png

I guess I should always proof read things!!!

I was going to open a new topic for this but I'm on here now....

[SIZE=14pt]Just think-if the Indians had given the Pilgrim fathers a donkey instead of a turkey, we all would be having a piece of a** for Christmas
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

:DOH! Tammy, I don't know how the word Grandma got there, I think I was going to say something about your dear Grandma still living alone! Sorry! I hope I didn't hurt feelings
default_wub.png
OMG.. no! You didn't hurt my feelings. LOL, I guess I just assumed you thought I was a grandma. It would be nice, but I can be patient and wait
default_wub.png
"Sis", YOU should already know that about me anyway... :DOH!
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=14pt]Just think-if the Indians had given the Pilgrim fathers a donkey instead of a turkey, we all would be having a piece of a** for Christmas
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]
That's cute!!

Well, we had our extended family gathering yesterday at my Sis's home.

We feasted on a 20 pound Prime Rib ....

it was HUGE and OH! Soooooo Good !!!

We snacked on "Lefse" and "Pickled Herring" Yum! Yum! Yum!!!

Tomorrow we will have our family celebration here at home ..... I think we have all decided to go to Papa Murphy's and get pizza for tomorrows feast. We also will feast on fresh Crab too (it must have been a good Crabbing season here because the Crab is cheap & good)
default_yes.gif

LOL...we are still so FULL from yesterday.

Christmas Day the kids will go and spend it with their Dad and that part of their family. Jerry and I usually watch movies and reflect on how fast Christmas came and how fast it is leaving.

It is not going to be a "White" Christmas here ..... just a very wet one!!!!

I get to be part of a Christmas surprise. A very nice young man called this morning wanting to know if I had any donkeys for sale, and I had just listed my two weanlings on Gotdonkeys. He came out within an hour and bought one of my babies. His wife has wanted one for over three years..they have a wonderful place and this little guy will have a pony for a buddy....I can go visit any time. We will be delivering the little jack on Christmas morning....I ran up to WalMart and got some red ribbon and a nice red bow to put on him.

That will be after all the dinner and present opening here on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas everyone

www.bezesminis.com

We snacked on "Lefse" and "Pickled Herring" Yum! Yum! Yum!!!
What is Lefse, Teri? And do you know how lucky you are having all that FRESH seafood?? Sounds delicious!!

and it looks like we won't have to dream about a White Christmas here. It truly is one. Very pretty! I can't remember too many white Christmases over the years.

Lisa - let us know how Christmas at the ER goes. I'm sure it will be interesting, and sounds like you will try to make it merry for others too
default_yes.gif
Do you have snow on the ground in your part of the state?

bpotze - what a wonderful Christmas surprise
default_wub.png
, and so cool that you get to be a part of it!!
default_aktion033.gif

Back