Meet Lovepatch Farm's Don Diego

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Untamed

Reaction score
Here at Lovepatch Farms, we have had a pretty eventful foaling season, but to tell you the truth I am glad it's almost over . . . we have two more to go and then we are done for the year.

Diego is our 308 day gestation surprise baby! His mom is Lovepatch Farms Barefoot Contessa, our first baby born here at Lovepatch back in 1998. Contessa was a maiden and not due until July 16th, but I guess nobody told her that . . . luckily she did great and really didn't need us . . . I would have hated to lose this baby!!!

Diego-3.gif

Diego was 1 week old yesterday. Needless to say we are very happy with the babies that our National Champion Driving Stallion Khemosabi is producing for us
default_yes.gif
:

To top off our foaling season, we had our first "red bag" on Saturday night. Luckily we were right there and we got the baby out in time and all is well so far, phew! We are calling her "Diva Delight" (DD for short), I'll upload photos of her as soon as I have a chance . . .

Situations like this red bag make us aware to send "Thanks" to all the forum members who have shared their red bag experiences - because it's one thing to read about it, and another to actually experience a red bag. There is always that one moment of hard reality when you think - "Oh, no! Is that REALLY a red membrane I'm seeing, and not a white one!?"

I truly believe, it's the generous sharing on this forum that gives us all the courage to act quickly and do what is necessary to insure the best possible outcome.

Thanks again to all of you :aktion033:

Lee

Great big congratulations! He is so pretty. I had a redbag last year too and would have been lost without the info from this forum. Looking forward to seeing her too.

Latest posts

Back