Me and Bill are going to school!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellie in OR

Reaction score
I have signed us up for the groundwork portion of a Natural Horsemanship clinic with Steve Rother. It is for 3.5 hours two mornings later this month.

www.horseteacher.com

Steve is a nice local young man that I have done clinics with my Tennessee Walker. His work is a blend of popular groundwork (think Parelli, Anderson, Reis) skills that he has an easy way of explaining and demonstrating. Steve also has a couple of miniature horses, so has experience transferring this information to the little ones. It will be nice for me to get a refresher, and also to get an understanding on any position and body language differences due to the size horses I am used to working with.

That is so cool!I would love to do that here. I wonder if anyone here in California has clinics for mini's?Have a great time!

I have signed us up for the groundwork portion of a Natural Horsemanship clinic with Steve Rother. It is for 3.5 hours two mornings later this month.
www.horseteacher.com

Steve is a nice local young man that I have done clinics with my Tennessee Walker. His work is a blend of popular groundwork (think Parelli, Anderson, Reis) skills that he has an easy way of explaining and demonstrating. Steve also has a couple of miniature horses, so has experience transferring this information to the little ones. It will be nice for me to get a refresher, and also to get an understanding on any position and body language differences due to the size horses I am used to working with.

where in NH is the clinic?

Sounds like fun!! I use alot of the "natural horseman" techniques when I do ground work with the minis. It's great for teaching them in-hand trail!
default_smile.png
Where and when is this clinic??

NH=Natural Horsemanship, not the state.
default_wink.png

It is an open breed clinic, we will be the only miniature. Steve has been training his own minatures. I hope he brings them! I have heard he now has a mini stallion and fresian stallion and he does a liberty demo with them. He does have a couple pictures in his Gallery.

Steve usually takes December off and will have a new calendar up in January. He travels to quite a few states, especially in the west.

http://www.horseteacher.com/

Information

Organization

Clinic Host: Alice 541-942-2613

Email

[email protected]

Dates & Times

Date Day Time

Nov 21st, 2008

Friday 7pm-9pm (Demo)

Nov 22nd, 2008 Saturday 9am - 5pm

Nov 23rd, 2008 Sunday 9am - 5pm

Description

Groundwork 9AM - 5PM Horsemanship 2PM - 5PM Spectators Welcome - $20 per day

Friday Evening Demonstration - $10. Buy one, get one free

Creswell, Oregon

Steve will also be one of the featured clinicians at the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo in Albany, Oregon next year in March. He is indeed a great guy - very easy to talk to and his teaching techniques are excellent.

Latest posts

Back