Maybe this has been asked before but,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxi'sMinis

Reaction score
When your stressed, feeling down, even depressed. When work aint goin so great. When you just need a little something special. When you need to spoil yourself, reward yourself? I mean anything, shopping for that special something you don't really need, however small. What you love to buy for yourself when you need something new to promote that happy gota get this out and try it excitement. I love some of the beauty packages they sell on HSN or QVC. OH I love the Knife Show, I love those little Tooth Pick knives, I must have 40 of them. I also like to go out and brush the horses. I love feeding the horses cause they are suckers for yummies. They all LOVE you when you have a bucket of grain. Messing around with the Dragon Cave and of course LB. What's your special thing(s) you do for yourself when you need that little bit of feel good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to stare at the horses. I take their pictures and study them. Heh - I think about what I would like to do in the future with them (daydream about new babies and barns). I draw if I can. I look around on Amazon.com. I am sure there is more and I cant think of it at the moment. Oh and I hold one of my guinea pigs. I have a lot of them and I just adore them. I call them my little "worry stones"

default_wub.png

for yourself when your stressed, feeling down, even depressed

Well I refuse medication anymore. I hate that.

What I would love is a vacation, even just a day trip.

I really don't have any one thing but I will unfortunately eat myself into oblivion if no one is home.

Cleaning binges. I have gone on cleaning sprees in the house, scrubbing walls and floors, tearing things apart and changing furniture around, then putting it all back.

Decorating for the holidays. I find comfort in that for some reason.

Hiking: I like to take Nick and Amy and hike up the trails behind our property.

I go on horse grooming crusades where I get obcessed and I just cannot stop.

YouTube. I am a youtube a-holic and since I love holidays, I focus a lot on holiday youtubes.

Mostly, I write. Poems, stories, and I vent in a private blog.

Last but not least, I will SCREAM which helps avoid a total meltdown.

Keeping active...love being outside with nature and my pups. Walking, playing with the pups, fussing over the horses, watching the chickens peck, crafting, reading a good book, cooking special things up for company, planning parties and ..... quiet times with my pups. One thing that always makes me smile without fail is Lakota.....her antics are all I need. For such a smart, strong, protection dog, she sure is a goofy girl with her inner circle, us...known as her pack.
default_wub.png

I shop if I have the money. Usually I will just go and sit with my donkeys!! They are great listeners!!
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
I just weaned last week and 2 of our jacks were not friendly and they will not leave me alone now!!! So they are great stress relievers!!!
default_smile.png

Oh I've had a crappy week and reading your replies has just washed it all away. I just have the biggest smile on my face. You know this is much better than phsycotherapy, only kidding but truely I can't believe how good I feel imagining and thinking about trying out some of these. I love the PJ's in the barn one, that would be so me. With the Milky Way shining my way out to the barn. Oooh I know what I'm doing to niggghhht!!!!!!

Anyone else want to share?

Oh yeah where is my wine cooler.

These are the things I do "just for me" or to help myself relax:

• Long hot bath with a mojito or something along those lines
  • Going out after dark in my PJ's and hugging a couple horses (or a dozen...)
  • Getting lost in a book
  • Look through pictures (usually of my horses)
  • Play with the dogs -- I love seeing how little things make them so overjoyed
  • An afternoon watching movies with H

SOLITUDE!!!

A glass of wine and a good book..........And everyone better just leave me alone!
default_wink.png

(To be honest, it doesn't happen very often........maybe once a year? Frankly, I think I'm due.)

I love to go out to lunch. I can sit and talk to a daughter or a friend or husband for hours enjoying lunch. The other thing I do is have a grooming day. I usually am so busy I rush through showers and stuff, so occasionally I will just take a whole afternoon and grrom, do my toes and shape my nails and all that girly stuff. And i really take the time and do it nice too.

I love to go sit out with my horses. Joey is sweet and everything, but not such a cuddle-bug. My new colt Pepper however loves to cuddle, and he's smaller, so I like to cuddle up with him.

Curling up in my boyfriend's arms is always good too. It makes me forget everything.

Lately driving up to the college and going into the painting studio has been really nice for me. Sometimes I'm there for 4 hours with my iPod plugged in to some good music and I just paint. I'll also go into the dark room there and develop film and print pictures.

Locking myself in the bathroom with a book always works. I do get the occasional knock from people because I just sit on the floor reading.

~Megan

Latest posts

Back