Maybe an Introduction is in Order

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score

back.jpg

Well it has been recommended that I become more active, and while I would like to anyways, it feels odd and "staged" to just start randomly commenting more often. I thought maybe an introduction would make it seem more normal and appropriate. I have been a member for many years, always reading but seldom commenting. Mostly because, when I am motivated it is usually something I am passionate about and have alot to say. While I love explaining my view and using big words, they HATE me. Even simple words seem to rearrange themselves and really make me look like an idiot. In all reality I am a high school and College graduate, Culinary School DOES count.
default_rolleyes.gif

BTW, I am currently missing my p,zero,question mark and parenthesis button. I try to copy and paste them when absolutely necessary. I gave up bothering with capital p's, now that I have been forced to pay attention, they are very underused and therefore hard to "find and steal". I have recently noticed that I have found many alternatives to words with p's. I use folks almost exclusively now, I am not that southern, but like I said, people has too many p's.

Anyways A little about me, I am not Andi, that was my first horse, I am James Walsh. I am a miniature horse trainer, RHA Training Stables. My parents are Bob and pam Walsh of Rocking Horse Acres. They are located in Maryland. I just moved to Texas last November and have been very busy setting up my training stables down here so haven't been to many shows in the area but plan to be at most next season. I show AMHA, AMHR and hopefully Congress next year. I love Miniature Horses and work with everything from 28" and under to Shetlands. I love my shetlands but my main focus is the smaller horses and trying to use the shetlands to produce Superior under 34" crosses.

I do not have many die hard strong opinions, most can be changed with good explanation. That being said, my core views on right and wrong are unshakeable. I don't think there is any decision to small or too big that should not be based on complete and total honesty. Our sub conscience will convince us enough times that wrong is right, it needs no help from us making excuses. I have no patience for "the ends justify the means" or thinking that business decisions should have a different set of morals than other ones. I have made many sacrifices to my Business to assure I can sleep at night, and lost months of sleep at night amazed at some others refusal to do so. Some recent issues in my Business led me to try and be a catalyst for change and get us all to a more honest place in our horse showing. Sadly, in the end, it was the little sacrifices in honesty that many good people were willing to make, that when added up, left me alone on the firing line. That being said, I am still ridiculously optimistic. I think this forum represents a wonderful group of horse enthusiasts that for the most part are not swept up by alot of the games I have witnessed and I am very excited to get more involved with you folk.
default_laugh.png

ps. In all honesty I do not have any ground shaking revelations on "proper chest support". BUT, I DO have a somewhat unhealthy recent fascination with what seem to be my own "not so there" eyebrows, so may have something to contribute there later on.
default_saludando.gif

James what a great sense of humor,you can cook,you love working w/minis and I know that lovely horse your handling. I think its going to be a pleasure having you here and look forward to reading your posts....even if there are no P's in your osts...
default_new_rofl.gif

Too funny! Welcome to the main forum - here's a little forum warming gift: p P ) 0 ? /

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, and that will come in great use. All of the Pams, Peters and Pocohantos' will

appreciate the implied respect, we don't need any p!@#$d off Pocohantos' running around.

Hello and welcome to the front room from Italy
saludando.gif

I wish you all the best with your new venture
aktion033.gif

Renee

Hi and welcome from the beautiful (but often very wet) country of Wales, UK. Great to have you join us.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Good luck with your new venture!

Welcome James! When you PMed the other day, I almost didn't respond because I was thinking "who is this andi person?" So glad to know it's you.

I have admired your hard work and integrity from the first time i met you which I believe was in 2007. You are a wonderful, knowledgable horseman and I have a lot of respect for you and your parents. And yes, I've seen you take the high road and stand up for what you know to be right and I've seen you suffer because of it. But it just made you a stronger person!

You're a first-class person and your horses are always presented splendidly! No owner would ever need to worry about the kind of care and treatment their horse would receive with you. Your wins are based on honest, humane, hard work and nothing else!

Glad you formally introduced yourself!

Hi James! We have talked several times on FB! I also have seen you post in the past here, but not for quite awhile, so it's nice to know you will be contributing here more often! I am another one who rarely posts...but do read many of the threads here.

Hope to stop by at Nationals and say Hi!
default_saludando.gif

Hello from NC!
saludando.gif

I am new to the forum and love all the information and discussions on here.

Good luck with everything in TX!

Hello from Ireland
default_saludando.gif

I really enjoyed reading your introduction , I love your sense of humour , that and the fact that you love and train minis and can cook too ... sounds like the perfect man
default_laugh.png
James I like you already !

I own an RHA stallion , I dont know if he was trained by you or your parents but he is a fabulous horse and I feel lucky to have found him

I look forward to reading your future posts
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Hello from Southern Illinois! Your post was so refreshing and I highly commend you for standing by your beliefs!!!! I am looking forward to reading more of your informative post and please share more pics of your horses, the one in your post is beautiful.

Welcome, I look forward to seeing you as a visible poster on the forum, with or without the p's.
default_smile.png
Where in Texas are you now? Sincerely hope our summers will not be this hot in the future!

Jan

Hi James from the West of Ireland.

I loved your introduction too very witty. Maybe you could come and teach my hubby to cook. He says he wants to learn to do a signature dish - I am still waiting
default_impatient.jpg
default_new_rofl.gif

Welcome here, James, and thanks for reminding me why I've always thought of you as a really good guy
default_yes.gif

I am very fortunate to have know James and his family for several years including his amateur years. I have also had the fortune of having him cook a few things that I got to try, still waiting on my Cordon Bleu though. He has shown horses for us including our stallion to his 2010 AMHR National title and a 28" yearling mare to several supremes and AMHA Honor Roll Champion. But to really get the full knowledge of his sense of humor, you have to witness it in person, at 1 in the morning, at a show, clipping horses. Then it really comes out in him.

Welcome back
default_biggrin.png
I think of you as a fine person and enjoy reading your posts.

Welcome James - from Southern Oregon!

We are friends on FB. Love looking at the pics of your Shetland mini horses! That is the direction I am heading. I like your fresh approach to the business. Don't let the downers sour your optimism. I look forward to your opinions on the different subjects we all chat about!

A big welcome to you James from the UK. I have been a great admirer of the RHA horses for some time now, and look forward to getting to know more about you over the coming months.We will make sure that no one here takes the PPPPPPPPPPPPPP's
default_rolleyes.gif

Hay James, I already welcomed you on the back porch, just noticed this post, while waiting to switch stallions out, thought I would check LB. Ya know we all love you here, Me, Tom, Crystal & in Trents eyes you are the greatest. Wish you were back here, I have a couple of horses for you to show, and I pay in money, not fried chicken wings, Ha Ha! You remember that joke, don't ya? Sorry we won't see you at Nationals this year, Tom needs back surgery and Crystal, Trent and I could go by ourseves but money is tight this year. So if I don't hear from you before then, good luck. Love Ya, Terry Cameron, River Rose FArm Miniature Horses.

Latest posts

Back