Mascara and Fake Eyelashes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for telling me, no I didn't know they came with free replacements. How do you know when you replace them. I've never owned a curler before. Thanks for the tip about curling. Let me tell you I've been trying and there's a "learning" curve to it. I've had a heck of a time. I've made myself sneeze, my nose run, my eyes water, and STILL no curl to the lash, what the heck am I doing wrong, then sometimes I will get a little bit of a curl. Then sometimes I will pinch myself. I'm just having a heck of a time with it. I don't think it's suppose to be this hard!!!!!! Ok every one can chuckle now..... But dang it's a challenge!!!!!!

Not sure I get it right, but I get it the same now for a large number of years. Mayballine Great Lash (washable) Mascara, darkest brown. Eyeliner always. Eyeshadow sometimes.

Yesterday, w/ eyeshadow:

261925_10151064609603155_1178874476_n.jpg

Recently w/ only (lots...) of eyeliner and mascara (yea, the pink w/ green top), but no eyeshadow.

294407_10150339606173155_891150877_n.jpg

I like it... but of course, or that's not what I'd have done for the past upteen years! I do not feel "okay" going out w/o eye makeup. Until a couple years ago, I had to wear eyeglasses and couldn't get the eyeshadow thing going. It dusted up my lenses LOL! So I am still working through a learning curve. I will fool with fake hair, any day, but not fake eyelashes.

My eyelashes, like my hair unless it gets some artificial help (it always does) is VERY thin and baby fine. I do my foundation, eyeliner, and then dust with actually baby powder (I have an ultra fair complexion), and then I use the mascara. I think it helps that there is a little bit of powder of my fine, sparce lashes prior to the application of the mascara.

Additionally, I can be showered, dressed and madeup in 20 minutes if I'm really trying to get out the door fast... so at least there's that!
default_biggrin.png

HOWEVER, for a big event... I'd try the false eyelashes, and the non-washable mascara. Plus, I can't get through a wedding w/o crying so I'd need something more than my "Great Lash" every day go to.

DESTINY, you are rocking it girl!!! I'd bend your arm to come help me if we were close enough
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
MyMinis, don't feel bad, learning can take a while. It's just like when you start applying liner and have a hard time doing a straight line. Lol. Oh if I had a dollar for every time I pinched myself (or burned my eyelid)...

It can be scary taking the big curler to your eye. Just relax, take your time, and don't get discouraged. Keep the curler open, put up to your eye a close as possible (with all lashes in) and slowly shut it. If it pinches, or doesnt feel right, open it up and reposition. I hate to suggest it, but maybe you should try it with dry mascara on, so you can actually guage the curl until you get used to it. Whatever you do, never pull the curler away from your eye unless it's open all the way. Practice makes perfect.
default_smile.png

Jill, there is a product called Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer that will make your eyeshadow stay on for a freshly applied look all day long. The shadow stays put.
default_smile.png

Thanks Jill! I would sooo be down for a girl's day. Lol. But it looks like you do an amazing job yourself.
default_smile.png

I don't ever heat the lash curler, I just curl each eye 3 times LOL.

I have a big problem with my shadow caking in the creases soon after I put it on
default_sad.png

Will Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer really help?

Reo, I have really oily eyelids. My shadow always creases and fades within a couple hours of applying it. I kept seeing these wonderful reviews for Urban Decay Primer Potion (original), and I was really skeptical. Not to mention, it is really expensive for a not so big tube. I did end up getting some from Amazon (not the kind with the wand), and I must say that it is great stuff! I didnt heed the warnings about starting out small and increasing your shadow gradually the first time I used it. I have a habit of wearing black shadow and blending it to a softer black. Yeah, that morning I put my black on like normal, only it wouldn't blend at all! I rubbed and rubbed, but I had to end up going to work with extreme smokey eyes...I work at an elementary school. Lol. It looks vibrant all day long and I dont usually see any creasing/flaking until later in the evening (I apply makeup at 6am on workdays). Of course theres some tips that you need to know if you do decide to get some, but they're pretty simple.
default_smile.png

Do you know of any kinds that work that can be bought at say..............WalMart? I can't shop online.

I hardly ever leave the house, but when I do, it must be with full make-up & that means eye shadow! But mine creases right away and looks awful. I sure do need something that'll work!

Thanks for the info!!!

Give me a couple of days to look for some reviews on Walmart products, and I'll get back to you.
default_smile.png

I've never tried them but Walmart carries an eyeshadow line called Maybelline's Color Tattoo. I've heard that they have stronger pigmentation and last longer then a normal powdered eyeshadow.

I'd love to find a pre-coat to put on before I put on my fav shadows. Thanks for the help!!!!
default_smile.png

I was in talking to the manager of Kum and Go who just recently got married and she told me of a wonderful product to set you make up on your face so your make up won't fade into your face. It's a Monistat product, you find it in the yeast infection aisle. It's called "Chafing Relief Powder Gel." You put it on your face as a gel it it turns to a powder and it sets your make up. I got it at Wal Mart for $5.98. I haven't tried it yet but she said her pictures came out amazing cause her make up didn't fade into her face after putting it on. You can also order it on Amazon.com

She said for the same "type" of product from Sephoria at the mall it would be $30.00, and this is FAR less.

I will try what you say Destiny and see if that helps. I was a little better yesterday, so that was a good thing. I'm going to get some MAC waterproof mascara cause it runs something horrible, and that's the part I don't like about it. I looked last night after wearing it all day and I looked like a raccoon. So I'll mix them. Hopefully they won't be as bad then.

Jill you look really good. I can't get a close enough picture to show you my lashes, but they just aren't curly enough. However the MAC is full and long enough that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back