mare due any day. lots of movement noticed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champsmom

Reaction score
My mare is due this week. I have been watching her very closely for weeks. Today I noticed a lot of foal movement where there has been very little movement lately. Is this pretty normal? Could it be the foal turning in preparation for birth? I hope. Im exhausted! Also I have read a lot that mares tend to follow a pattern when they foal and her last foal was born in the wee hours of the morning. He tore her and she rejected him. My vet wants me to give her banamine as soon as the placenta is expelled so it is imparative that I am available for her. She was accidentaly rebred and I do not intend to ever breed again! Too many wonderful animals needing homes already!

I'm no expert, but I was told movement is normal and the foal might be moving to get into position.

As for signs I think I am slowly learning from mares and helpful people is expect what u expect and everything u don't expect for signs. I've heard some people who know their mares and know their foaling signs which Im sure is a huge help, but also u never know. People have different pregnancies so why can't horses?

Ours tend to foal every year at the same time with a couple exceptions.

We always notice way more movement the last week as its getting to be tight quarters in there.

Latest posts

Back