Making crocheted ear nets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvcsherman

Reaction score
I've just started using a crocheted ear net on my daughter's riding horse & I love it!!!! No more deer flies in his ears while trail riding!!

I've tried to find a miniature ear net for my little mare to wear while driving with no success. So I'm planning to make my own. I would also like to make a few for my friend who still shows her minis. Problem is I need measurements for a 30" mini & a 37" mini.

I need the folowing measurements:

between the ears

length of ears

from poll to between the eyes

Problem is I need measurements for a 30" mini & a 37" mini.
I think this would be highly variable just like everything else with minis. I got an ear net for ponies from Sandee McKee at Iowa Valley Carriage. www.iowavalleycarriage.com The ears will need to be sewn in a little if I choose to use it with my mini for a show. (I bought it for my 47" Shetland, but it fits my 37" mini).

I have also heard good things about this vendor: http://www.charmingcreekfarm.com/earnets.html

Myrna

I realize every horse & every ear net is different, I'd just like to get the measurements as a guide to work from. I purchased two ear nets for my daughters horse, one fits PERFECT & the other had mule ears!
default_risa_suelos.gif
My little mare is only 26.5" so her measurements will be of no help...
default_rolleyes.gif

I've seen that website, I know I can make them myself for less money.
default_blush.png

Latest posts

Back