Maiden Mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimie28

Reaction score
UGH! My maiden mare is on day 334 and doesn't seem to want to give up her foal! I thought she would have had it by now, being a maiden mini and all but nope......still waiting!

So I was wondering if you all would share the longest mini maiden experience you have had?

372 days of Fun Fun Fun
default_wacko.png
(I started watching at around 300 days...). And...I'm glad I had a camera and my partner. Good thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
363 days...gotta love those maidens!

Oh wow!
default_new_shocked.gif
Ginger is on Marestare and I told my husband that she HAS to deliver within the week......oooops!
default_wub.png
He is very bothered with me sleeping with the laptop and I tried to console him by telling him not much longer.....
default_laugh.png
LOL! I don't think I will mention it may be another MONTH!!
default_wacko.png

Hand bred mare covered one cycle...367 days her 2nd foal she went 365 .......my telling her to hurry didnt seem to help much LOL

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Don't like to hear all this at all. My maiden mare is on day 308 and I think I will go insane if she ever decided to hold on for another month or 2.
default_new_shocked.gif

Our last maiden mare went what we *think* was 374 days... In my experience, the maidens that I've seen and been part of foaling for are like humans who are having their first babies... They go overdue!
default_wacko.png

368 days and she was hand bred so I know it was not a mistake.When the foal was finally born I named him Spiderman.He had such long legs all black and looked to me like a tarantula.I thought the mare was going to explode.Unevenful birth, but boy was I worried.When the foal is done cooking it will come out.Good luck and keep us posted

My 4 yr old maiden went at 365.
default_biggrin.png

Seems like a lot of maidens go this long...

How many days usually dose a normal prego mare go? 335-355?

My maiden is somewhere between 261 to 291 days as of today and I am hoping and praying she doesn't go 350+ days!!!
default_wacko.png

Back