Luxurious manes and tails!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks guys! Lots of great ideas to try. I do feed mini and pony by purina, I started about 2 months ago, and so far both mares look great! With so much going on with prepping the property I havent had much hands on for grooming so they are just left as god intended. This spring I would love to put Diamond to work doing parades and parties and I absolutely adore the punk rock look! Anyone know how they got them dyed? What fun! I know they paint cats and dogs!

When we do our dog shows we use many different non toxic products you can use blow pens like the kids use or a thick mixture of kool-aid they also make products in grooming magazines strictly to dye dogs hair. The only problem you may have is the dyes are absorbed differently on different textures of hair. As with people gray hair isn't as absorbant as natural colored hair. You may need to run some 20 volume peroxide through the hair you want to dye. it's ok to use on manes and tails wouldn't use it on the bodies you just run it through let it sit for about 5 min and rinse than use whatever color you want . It is a messy thing to do that's why we use the blow pens for intricate details when we do the contest groomings.

Latest posts

Back