LOTTO is a Daddy!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I've waited 3 years for this!

The very first Lotto baby was born today at 1 AM, and the proud mom is Kate!

Kate had been wandering around and we were watching her. When she laid where her hay was, I went flying out with my kit. She was in labor but not quite ready to push, so I got a chair and sat near her. She knows mom was there to help.

Finally she got down to pushing. I'm not one to wait until it's too late to help. After enough pushing to break the water, it did not break. That told me it was time to help. I felt inside and was horror struck to find ONLY the head and nothing else. But not only just the head, but it was upside down! I could not get in there to help because her rump was too close to the wall. Luckily hubby was there. I had him get her up. Then I felt in again Way back in there and I found a foot that was at the top. The whole baby was upside down. I gently pulled that foot forward and the baby yanked it back! LOL! I reached in even further and I found the other foot Thank God! As I gently pulled them forward, I turned the baby over upright. I told Karrel to let Kate lay down then. She did and the first push brought both feet and the nose all in one whoosh!

Happy tears!

It is a very black Tovero FILLY! :aktion033: And......she has her daddy's sky blue eyes!
default_wub.png
:

She has The most tiny head! She jumped right up, nursed and started walking around. She's very busy!

Now to come up with a name. Kate and Poppa Nort did us proud!

baby.jpg

Momma Kate being proud

kate.jpg

Touching noses!

side.jpg

Here she is saying hi to Karrel.

karrel.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS! She is WONDERFUL! I am thrilled for you!!!!! Great save Robin!!!!!!!!!!

Send me more pics!!!

Hugs!!!!

Robin

ps. I am on the phone trying to call you right now!!! Your line is busy lady!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL girl!!!
default_wub.png
: and great job on gettin her out. she's stunning. :aktion033:

Awww, Robin that is awesome and she is very pretty also! Sounds like you had your hands full. Is she a keeper??

Fran

AWESOME!!! What a wonderful happy story!! She is gorgeous too. I have happy tears too. :aktion033:

im soooooooo happy for you!!! wow what a great save!! she is just stunning. give her kay kisses
default_wub.png
:

Oh boy! I'm so excited for you. It's hard to believe he's old enough to be a daddy. I remember seeing him in person when he was a little tot.
default_smile.png
So glad everything is ok. Baby sure is cute. Congratulations!

I'll let Uncle Cole know.
default_smile.png

Kim

What a beautiful baby, Robin!! :))

Susan O.

default_wub.png
: congrats

she sure is cute.

Are you keeping her or selling her?

I would have been scared to dead if my foal was upside down. I would not what to do. So please tell us step by step in what to do in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
:risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :risa8:

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033:

BEAUTIFUL PAIR
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: oh i can hear the excitment in your post lol wow what an eventfull evening, i would have never known what to do :eek:

default_wub.png
:

She is Beautiful
default_wub.png
:

Good Job Robin, I would have freaked
default_unsure.png
:

Congrats to Lotto and Kate! and blue eyes too.. WOW

~Sandy

Wow, she is beautiful!
default_wub.png
: We are expecting our little studs first foal in about a month, so I know how excited you must be!! I know I would be thrilled if we got a filly like that :aktion033:

:risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :cheeky-smiley-006: I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ROBIN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SHE IS BEAUUUUUUUTIFUL!!!

I have been waiting/watching for your news knowing your girls are so close! You have been sooo blessed!
default_wub.png
:

***Great job correcting the dystocia - you are sooo good with dystocias! :aktion033:

Wooooo Hooooooo REO!!!!! It definitely looks like you have a little dandy on your hands there! Congratulations!!!!

Dawn :saludando:

Phew! She's out and OK! AND gorgeous!

She is so lucky you were there to help.

Has it really been 3 years? Time certainly does fly! I'm so thrilled for you to have this gorgeous filly to enjoy! Lotto and Kate did a great job! I'm so glad you were there to help too.

Latest posts

Back