Lots of New Stuff-- New Barn, New Stallion, Almost new Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
We have been crazy busy here trying to get our new foaling barn done before the mares needed it. Well its not totally done but is good enough to use. Since last year almost every mare foaled in the rain and even better if there was lightening and thunder so I came up with an idea for the new barn. With the help and good ideas of our builder Aldo we designed a new dog room for mommas and pups off the back of our house and a 2nd bathroom just for us. Any way we added a complete roofed over walkway from the back of the dog room down to the barn/feed room. And the walkway in front of the barn is roofed over too so let it rain, LOL. Its certainly not super plush like some farms stalls I have seen but its great for us. The solid wall is facing north where the little cold we get comes from. The rest is pretty open so we can see the mares from the house without disturbing them and we do have barn cams, 2 different sets as my expensive new cams are not working and equipage alarms to watch from inside too. So here it is, our new foaling barn.

barnalloffrontgood106.jpg

barnfromendshowticalwalkwaylittlehouse106.jpg

barninsideshowsmaresok106.jpg

I wanted the stall dividers to be see through so the cameras can "see" more as the mares seem to find places to hide in the stalls off camera. The feed room is to the right at the end of the the 4 stalls and has doors out the front and back. Besides the covered walkway, which the dogs can now use in even the worst weather and still not have to go out in the rain, there are 3 runs off the back of the house.

coveredwalkrunsfrombarn106.jpg

We are far from done with our renovations but out of money for now. This will be ongoing for years it looks like, oh well. New horses in next post before I kicked offline.

NICE!!! Congrats on getting all that done! Yeah it may take years to get everything you want finished, but boy isn't it nice to have so much accomplished! :aktion033: It looks great!

Last november we finally got away to texas to get our new stallions. Of course they are totally shaggy so I have not really gotten any decent pix. I just took these of Mark as he was showing off for the girls. He is a powerful little frame and maybe splash overo with 2 blue eyes. He is royally bred going back to Boogerman, Glens Southern Legend, Rowdys Eclipse, 2 times back to Rowdy and his dam is mostly all Bond bred . His sire is a blk and white frame overo and dam is what appears to be a minimal splash . He is totally natural and shaggy in the pix but I think he will be a great little driving horse.

markprancingaround106.jpg

markrunninggood106.jpg

Then as promised a new pix of our almost new filly Dream pictured at 2 weeks old. Here is the little angel sleeping and Mom Beauty watching over her. A few minutes earlier Dream was chasing a chicken around her pen, lol.

dreamsleepbeautywatch2wkold12906.jpg

From the looks of these very preggo girls she should have playmates soon.

berettaleftwalk12906.jpg

windyside12906.jpg

These are 2 maiden mares that I thought were going to foal since LAST year so Im not placing any bets on when they are going to foal. Both do have pretty decent maiden bags though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww everthing looks so nice and cosey!!! I like your set up and Dream is just a little "Dream"!!!! What a dollbaby!
default_wub.png
:

Awwww...
default_wub.png
: Everything looks great! And I think little Dream wants to come live with me for a while
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Erin

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think it all looks great! :))

And shaggy in Florida is obviously not shaggy in Wyoming! hahaha

I like your new boy a lot! :)

We have lots of snow on the ground and I can only dream of foaling season at this point!

Susan O.

Everthing looks to be coming along very well!
default_thumbup.gif
: Congrats on your new additions too! :aktion033:

Nice setup for dogs and horses both. Your horses looked well loved. I can't wait to see some

babies out of your stallion. Are the preggy mares in the pictures in foal to him?

Thanks for sharing with us. I always like seeing everyone's horses and barns.

Freida

Love your little barn. It works and looks like a lot of hard work went into it.. Your babies are adorable!!!

Ginny StP

Ummm" but I think he will be a great little driving horse." - Did anyone else notice he only has three legs???
default_rolleyes.gif
: He's very pretty and you have a nice setup going there!!

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying the covered walk as its raining right now!

And Frieda--- no one is bred to Mark yet as we just brought him home in nov. 05. I have plenty of stallions and the silver dapple white faced overo and the silver pinto are both bred to our palomino Ranger thats in the avatar. The larger silver dapple mare thats in front in the interior barn photo is bred to our Frame overo Frankie. Both Ranger and Frankie are Gold Melody Boy bred, The white appy mare coming out of the barn in 1 photo is bred to our Orion son, Brewers Orion Slate as are quite a few of the mares in the background of the photos. We COULD have foals from 8 different stallions born this year if all are pregnant and we get live foals. I am praying they all make it here ok.

Great new barn and great new additions! :aktion033:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

What a clever idea! As someone that has been barnless for over 4 years now (we moved, going to build, going to move again, build seesaw - I appreciate efficient structures!).

I like yours as we're in Northern CA, and don't have the wicked winters some of the USA has, so don't need anything for the cold particularly - but shade from the heat and protection from the rain - those are what we've been considering.

I like the dog run - that must be nice too - easy to maintain and yet they're safe!

Cute new stallion too. Look forward to seeing your new foals from 8 stallions too - wow!

The first thing I noticed is all the natural shade you have. Boy you got lucky there. Shade in Florida is not that easy to come by and you have a good piece of property there to have all these critters.

I love the way you made your set up. Looks so easy and has good access to the house. and appears to have a little courtyard effect. I love the open and airy feeling there too. This was very well thought out and the walk way is such a bonus.

Everyone looks like they are doing great. Cheers to you! :aktion033: Let the spots continue to multiply!

Latest posts

Back