Lost my lil baby girl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angiestan

Reaction score
My 8 month old philly died last night, looks as though her head was stomped by another mini. I have four adults and they have always taken such good care of her, they herd her in at night, let her eat out of anyone's bucket, and someone is always staying with her in the barn while the others graze. Does this happen often, it's heartbreaking. I bottle fed her and I was so close to her. Never imagined it would hurt this bad to lose a mini
default_no.gif

168491_495987817767_839292767_6021371_5931046_n.jpg

Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss. She looks so pretty in your photo. My heart goes out to you.
default_no.gif

Aaawwhhh... I am SO sorry. I have never heard of such a terrible thing. My condolences.
default_sad.png

ohhh im so sorry for your loss but i think it was just a accident that could happen to anyone
default_sad.png

Yes, it hurts bad! I lost my Drummer who I had sense 3 days old. One will never replace him, but I can love another, it is just very different It sounds like an accident.

Take care of yourself.

Lildrummer

Oh how awful for you so very sorry...l found a dead 4 month old colt a few years back who l thought had his head kicked in by his dam but after taking his body to the vets found out he had died before the head injuries from something else not related to his head and neck injuries..we think his dam was trying to get him to get up and pawed at him pretty hard to wake him...

I'm so sorry! It's so hard to lose them, and when it's unexpected it's even worse. Maybe there was another cause of death and someone stepped on her after she was gone...

I'm so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif

My guess would be along with Relic and Kim

Because the other horses always seem

to look after an tolerate anything

from the young ones.

I can't imagine as we have only lost

foals at birth with no time to get to know them

and that is horrible enough

again so sorry
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm terribly sorry for your loss....

It's highly possible that she may have got caught in between a few horses that were squabbling with one another and was kicked accidentally.

Aw, I'm so sorry!!! I'm sure it was an accident or something. I know what it's like to lose a baby and it hurts very much.

{{{Hugs}}}

Latest posts

Back