Lost my best friend of almost 17 years

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
no.gif

I just wanted to thank you all so much. It helps so much coming from those who understand.

Thank you

Im sooooo sorry for you loss. Not a good thing to read here at work all teary eyed!! I do understand and makes me sad for you and anyone else to lose their best friend.

I am so sorry for your loss. When my Dickens was gone, I felt totally lost and sick to my stomach. I also took him home one last night (full of pain meds) and even then he wanted to sleep in the crook of my arm all curled up and purring! Unfortunately I did have to make the decision to end his suffering. Honestly I would have given my life for his! Everyday greeted, jumped up into my arms, hugged me around the neck, love nibbles. MAJOR cuddler. I have had many pets and many different types of animals, but Dickens was special, one of a kind. I know I'll never have another like him, but I WAS SO LUCKY TO HAVE HIM for the 11 years I did. He gave me SO much; I feel indebted to all my animals to give them the best of me and everything they need. I really do feel like I will never be able to repay Dickens. I will never be over him and I will never not love him.

So I know your pain, as well as anybody could. It still hurts to just look at his picture and this is two years later! Just take it one day at a time, accept that it hurts like h- - - . It will get better eventually but may take a long time and maybe we just have to learn to live with the loss, but cherish what we had. Give yourself a big long hug, take care and know Tate is still looking out for you.

I'm so sorry, Carolyn. I know how much it hurts to loose a best friend. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Winston and it's been nearly 2 years. Poor Watson, I sometimes call him Winston by mistake. It's such a catch 22. They are so much close to everything when you have them, but when they have to leave us, it just hurts beyond words. I am so sorry. I do know we see them again, and I know Winston came to me when he passed (at the vets) to let me know. I woke up around 11pm that night, and my first thought was exactly that. Winston's here to let me know. We are with them again, one day.

Carolyn, I'm so sorry that you are without your little hero, Tate.

You've already had proof that he will never truly leave you, as even in his death he protected you by crossing on his own and sparing you that painful decision.

I still feel the presence and love of my fur friends that have passed on. My terrier Hillary still gardens with me and sleeps on my pillow, wrapped around my head. Sophie sent two Maltese girls, one for us and one for my mom and sister, to show that even the tiniest pups can be rough and tumble farm dogs. Amazingly, I feel the protection that Ella, our Pyrenees-mix, gave us. To this day the coyotes stay away from our neighborhood. We hear them nearby, but they seem not to dare cross our property.

Tate will always be with you, as that kind of love never dies.

Take care,

susanne

I am so terribly sorry for your loss Carolyn. I have lost two of my best dog friends and it is VERY difficult. You just never think the tears will stop. Big hugs to you.

Carolyn,

I, like the others on here, are so, so sorry for your HUGE loss!! But, I believe we will be with all our fur kids eventually!!

I lost My best friend 13 yrs. ago, still think about her and cry somedays. I now have another who is also special, he is 13 now and not in good health. I just dread THAT day when it comes!! I just keep thinking about seeing them all eventually.

My sympathies go out to all who have lost their fur kids.

Pam

I have to admit I just gave my best friend Sassy the biggest hug and kiss with tears in my eyes EVER...

I am so SO sorry Carolyn :-(

It has not been an easy week as I see you all understand.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories, they were all very special friends. I come home from work and call him to go outside, and just take a deep breath. I'm sure he hears me and he's rolling his eyes like he did when I'd call and he'd look at me like, I don't have to go out. Thank you all again so much. The definition of family is in many forms, I am glad you are in my definition.

Latest posts

Back