lost earring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
My hubby gave me a lovely set of diamond earrings for our tenth anniversary (about 1 1/2 years ago). This afternoon, all of a sudden, I realized I only had one earring on. Don't you know I took the sheets off the bed, took the cushions off all the furniture, crawled around on the floor with a flashlight, moved every dang piece of furniture in the house, looked under the seats in the car....basically, I looked everywhere possible in the house and garage. I cried, I was in a panic. This went on for hours. I cleaned the entire house thinking I would come across it. No luck. I cried again. So, right before dinner I take the little dog out to do her thing and there, lying on the front porch.......my diamond earring. OMG, it must have fallen out today sometime when I took her outside and I just didn't notice. How lucky was that? Naturally I had to cry again because I found it. (OK, so I may be a crier). But I was so happy to have found it. And, as a bonus, my house is really, really clean. So now I've decided I'm not going to wear them as my daily earrings, even though I love them, because I couldn't bear to lose one again.

I'm so glad you found it again
default_yes.gif
Maybe you have a gremlin around, a small being that likes to play pranks and make things disappear and then reappear in odd places
default_wink.png

So glad you found it. I have a lil fuzzy four legged jewelry thief in my house. My cat, Bling LOVES jewelry and steals it any chance she gets. She stashes it in my husbands slippers and in the cushions of his favorite chair. Ill set down an earring or ring and before I know itIits gone. I know how you feel when your heart drops because you fear you've lost something.

I'm so glad you found it! Go get a cheep pair of CZ and wear those every day! Put your good earrings in a special little box on a shelf in a room you stay in a lot, that way you can see the box every day and remember how special the stuff inside is! I have a pretty little gold egg in my living room that holds my treasures.(got it from T.J. Maxx)

Gotta tell ya a few years ago I lost my diamond out of my wedding ring and I did not even know it. I was sitting on the couch(company had just left after visiting for 2 weeks
default_giveup.gif
default_wub.png
) I remember looking at the tissue box thinking I need to put tissues on my grocery list! I went and picked the box up and I just happened to see this glimmer on the floor under the table. Who knows how I saw it, but I did! So I picked it up and it was a diamond. I text my company a picture and asked if they had lost an earring, and told them all to check out their jewelery because some one was missing a CZ or a diamond. They all said no. So it sat next to the tissue box for 3 days. I would look at it and think, someone lost something and they just don't realize it. Well I decided to put it in my egg for safe keeping and as I was reaching for the egg...... I saw my ring! I was like WHAT! It was me the whole time! LOL! Thank God I did not vacuum it up! Skip ahead a few and I ask hubby on our anniversary if he can pick me up a cheep nice ring(something that wont turn my finger green!) until he can get mine fixed. He picked me out this pretty sapphire ring when we were on vacation. It's beautiful and I love it, but I already bent a prong on the main stone and it has not even been a year.
default_sad.png
It's still holding on strong! For now at least! LOL!

I am so happy for you that you found your earring. Chances were pretty slim for that, but it worked in your favor!! AWESOME!!

I have lost diamond earrings (and other gemstones as well) from hubby. Those I was upset about, but didn't cry. What I DID cry about though, was when I lost the main diamond from the engagement ring of my wedding set about 7 or 8 years ago. The claws had worn down and the diamond was lost. It was not a very large diamond anyway, but the sentiment was invaluable. I even had it replaced with a step larger in size diamond, but it's just not the same, and it still saddens me to think it is gone.

Oh my! Im afraid to wear my nice jewelry for this reason. My wife and I agreed on titanium rings because we prefer to spend our time out in the garden or with the pony and we wanted something that could take a beating.

I haven't worn my sapphire/diamond OR topaz/diamond rings since I was pregnant last summer!

I'm so glad you found it though. A treasured gift, no matter how expensive, is very hard to lose.

So glad you found it! I love a happy story.

My hubby was at work and had taken his wedding ring off while working and put it in his pocket. He heard it fall and could not find it. He was very upset but we didn't replace it. Two years later he got orders to go to his next duty station. Yes, he was in the Navy. The very last week that he was onboard the boat (submarine) one of the guys he was working with found a wedding ring in the bilge and returned it to him. We were both so happy that it had been found.

Happy you found your earring, it was a lucky find for sure. I lost the diamond out of my engagement ring while walking my dog, never did find it, so now I don't wear my good jewelry evry day. My youngest daughter lost the diamond out of her engagement ring at a horse show in NC, of course it wasn't found so her hubby bought her another one at Gerards.

Back