Lost dog..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJF

Reaction score
Well, yesterday, our Cocker Spaniel, Anna just disappeared. We also have her sister, Chloe, who is ALWAYS with her. Chloe was still here. We live next to hundreds of acres of horse trails and a creek. She's a really smart dog and has never gotten lost. We put up signs last night and this morning. Also looked through the creek and trails..and had all the people that were trail riding look. Called the humane societies and the newspaper to put an ad out. I'm just so scared. We have had her since she was 6 weeks old, which would be 2 years now. She is the sweetest dog I have ever seen. I don't really think she would go up to anyone either as being a Cocker Spaniel, she doesn't like strangers at all.

Please keep us in your thoughts

sorry, can't get photobucket to resize

pizazz002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts and prayers will be with you for the safe return of Anna. Sounds like you've done everything you can do.

I've said a prayer that you find her soon.

Oh, I hope you find her. It is such a panicky feeling losing one of your pets :no: Watch your other dog closely...she may be showing you signs of where she might be or last seen (like looking in a certain direction) take her for a nice quiet walk where you think Anna may have went. If it is near the horse trails do it when their are less riders...it will be less of a distraction for your dog. Your dog might give you some clues....it's worth a chance. The only reason I am suggesting this is because years ago I had two cats that were brother & sister....they were very close. Sister came up missing. I did everything just as you have done..posters/ads etc.... Mason the brother was very depressed and I could see he knew she was gone. One evening about 4-5 days later I followed him on one of his evening walks....and one block away in some bushes behind a cluster of mail boxes lay Kiki ( he walked right up to her....I am sure he had been doing it for days) she had been hit by a car :no: The most horrible thing about the whole situation is she was stiff...which meant she had died within 48 hours or so....that haunts me to this day. I hope you find your little Anna. She is in my thoughts & prayers. Teri

mountain waif, we have checked every possible place like that..also asked everyone in the area.

Teri, I will try to take Chloe on a walk later. She has been very sad acting lately so I am worried about her too.

I really just hope she's not outside or trapped somewhere. There are severe thunderstorm warnings in the area for the night. :no:

I am so sorry to hear this. I just went through this 2 months ago when my puppy got loose out on a MAJOR 4 lane each direction freeway.

A couple of things that you MUST keep in mind...

1) Never give up. I know it is really hard, but your positive thoughts will do more for you than anything.

2) Use your other dog to try to help find your dog. When you are out looking, take your other dog with you. Sometimes it is a comfort to the lost dog to see her buddy.

3) Get up lost posters. This is probably going to be your most successful tactic. It is better to have 100 pair of eyes searching than just one or two pair of eyes.

4) Offer a reward, but don't state how much.

On the poster issue... Go to this link. http://www.petrackers.com/MissingPets/Flyers.htm

This guy was really helpful to me, and he was local to me, but the information on the posters and how to create them was INVALUABLE! My puppy had been lost for 3 days when I finally got the posters done and hung up at all major intersections in the area of where he was lost. I put up 9 posters. Anyway, within less than 18 hours my puppy was spotted and I was called. I followed the suggestions that were found on the above link on getting your poster noticed and it worked.

Remember, time is critical. Get those posters up as someone may just have your dog thinking that she is a stray or lost and not know where to look. Put those posters up at the trailheads where the riding trails cross or where people might park their horse trailers. And put them up on the roads that are near your house.

Good luck and I will be keeping you and your dog in my thoughts and prayers.

((((Hugs))))

Prayers and positive thoughts are on your way! Anna will be home soon!!!

Please don't give up hope. You got some good advice above

Anita

So sorry Anna is missing....is she still? Any updates or spottings?

Pinto...I have been thinking about you & Anna. I hope you are OK. You are in my thoughts. Teri

Sorry, haven't been able to get on the computer. We still haven't found her yet. :no: No one has called about seeing her so I have no idea where she could possibly be..

I AM SO SORRY SHE IS MISSING. DON'T GIVE UP, I ALSO HAVE A COCKER AND SHE IS ALSO THE SWEETEST MOST ADORABLE DOG ANYONE COULD ASK FOR. PRAYING FOR HER SAFE RETURN.

CLARA

Have you got any news yet? This poor dog. I am praying for a return.

Clara

[SIZE=14pt]We are also praying for her ..... I feel like she has been stolen and has not run off.... cant explain why, thats just what popped into my head.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Hate to say this.........but the same thing as what Lyn said crossed my mind as well..........

She is NOT in familiar surroundings.......that's all I can say.

Wishing and Praying for the best.

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Go back to the creek, look in the drop offs and crevaces anywhere she could have either jumped from a car or been hit by a car and rolled down..... Would there be traps of any kind around there ? Hope you find her soon. I went out every day back to the place where Lark was lost to try to feel her around. Go every day until you feel her.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back