Looking to move to PA/MD eastern boarder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Luszcz

Reaction score
I'm hopefully (if all goes well) moving back to the east coast after a very nice two years away, and am wondering if anyone knows anyone in the area that:

a) has a piece of horse-friendly property for sale at a price that is touchable by a recent college grad,

b) has reasonable, RESPONSIBLE, boarding facilities capable and willing to handle an appendix stallion and a mini stallion, both of which are easy to work with and are often mistaken for geldings, or

c) has a room, apartment, etc avalible to rent for short or long term. Don't care how small it is as long as its safe, not cramped, and maintained.

I'll be just west of Elkton MD, about 35-45 minutes southeast of Lancaster PA. If anyone has any good advice please let me know! The goal is to move there, take up an inexpensive apartment allowing debt to be paid back, then purchasing a small (5-15 acres) unimproved farm to live on with a friend and a half dozen mini to large sized horses. Thank you!

*bump* nobody?
default_smile.png
I know lots of people here live in that area (the PA breeders post in general has lots of replies!), can any of them offer some words?

I am from southwestern pennsylvania about 12 miles from morgantown west virginia ..We are about 45minutes from grantsville maryland ...You may want to look in the bulletin board paper to see about property i know there are some nice boarding facilities in morgantown...go to www.ybb.com (your bulletin board) hope this helps some..

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds interesting
default_smile.png
Would you mind sending me links from time to time? I'm not ready now, but I'm hoping that within 6 months things will be settled and purchased
default_smile.png
Thanks guys!

Gee Nathan, I'm further in on the NY Pa border but land to lease, rent or buy is in abundance! www.reallyruralrealestate.com

Latest posts

Back