looking for trailer ideas box for truck

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibquackers20

Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans for a box that can hold minis and sits inside the back of a truck for hauling ?

Hubby saw someone hauling their 2 minis inside a home made box that fits their 2 minis and also a ramp that they used for them to get out, looked so cool and they did not have to worrie about backing up a trailer, they just backed up their truck really easy then out they came so quick and they said that it was even cheaper on gas not having to pull a trailer - does anyone else move their minis like this and if so would you please have photos and how you built it also how do you travel with them inside (tied or loose)hubby is not so great at building but the one these people had looked rather easy - just do not know how they kept the box on ?/
default_wub.png
:

Don't know of home-made plans other than really overbuild for safety. Also, if there is any place that things can come apart, make sure the screws point out so as not to poke the horses. Also, make sure the floor is no-slip.

There is a company that makes really nice ones that you might get ideas from:

<www.miniaturehorsehaulersbybob.com>

I have never seen the units in person, just in an ad, but they look great!

cool with the floor and sides idea,would really like to see them if anyone knows, as for the other link it does look cool but I live in manitoba and the exchange rate would be a killer, also hubbys truck back is not as big as the ones they are selling.

Hmmm.. If I remember correctly, ponyboi09 had one.. You might want to PM him and ask.

The only thing with the crates is the horses get real hot in there and there heavy and a pain to slide in and out when you do things alone. We hauled to shows for years with just the horses in the back of the truck with a canopy and it was the cheapest and easiest at the time the ramp was 4' wide and sometimes someone would fall of either going in or coming of if there was no high spot to back up to.. But l wouldn't trade any of that now that we have the trailer they just aren't as stressed getting out of there with a little hop as they were coming of the back of the truck.

I am in the process of converting my 15 passenger van right now. We have the ramp and in fact am waiting as I type this on the guy to come and start. We have the dividers (41 in long I think they are about 36 in high) wooden gates. We need to work on the doors the horses will ride backwards straight load and will have there chests up against a front door (head over the door like a barn door kinda thing). We hope to have it done by this time next weekend and will post some pictures.

Latest posts

Back