Looking for those small 3' green goat panels

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I think they are called goat panels. I can't find them anywhere. I was thinking of making a portable round pen out of them if they are 16' long and I wouldn't need a ton of them to maneuver. I had a couple of leads I called and those folks don't sell them anymore. Our local co-op and Tractor Supply also said they don't carry that size.

Any ideas?

i dont know where you can get them, but i have to warn you. i borrowed a couple these before to make a small round pen for my mare so i wouldnt have to tie her and she jumped over them with ease. be careful
yes.gif

I agree my Koda was standing right by a 3' fence and decided to just jump and he cleared it with ease. So tore that down and put in a higher one.

I'm not sure why local co-ops aren't carrying them anymore. We have tons of them around here. Someone needs to invent t-posts that have prongs on the sides so a person could hook plastic pipe to them and create neat little round pens and such with pipe. Just a thought. I realize you are probably looking for easy up and easy down so it is moveable and also inexpensive. Here we can get 4' woven wire fencing that is the 2 x 4 and would make a great round pen with some t-posts and a gate. Maybe you could see if anyone carries that. Might check Lowes or Home Depot. It comes in 50' rolls and is reasonably priced.

Good luck in your search.

Marie

If you are looking for portable mini panels Double Diamond sells them (Indiana). Also in the past if you buy a certain amount they will deliver. They are light and easy to put together but 8' long, not 16'.

Hi Marty,

I use them for a good part of my fencing and maybe because most of my minis are small, they have never jumped them. I LOVE them!

But they are only 8' long. The ones I buy in Utah come from a place in Kentucky that builds them and now the guys even drive by my place here in Wyoming sometimes trying to sell them.

They gave me their card last summer.

Here is the info.

Grayln Mills

36 Rubarts Road

Dunnville, KY 42528

606-787-9855

606-787-6431

cell 606-706-3325

Susan O.

I purchased these panels to take to the shows and also when we go to schools and festivals. LOVE them. They fold up small enough and fit in the back seat of my SUV.

www.carrilitecorrals.com

I use the green panels everywhere around the farm for "temporary" fencing, and also take them to shows and things like the local farm fest for making a small pen. I think they are sometimes called sheep or hog panels. We got most of ours used and snap them up whenever they come up for sale.

Most of our minis are trained to jump and no one has ever jumped over these. Just lucky I guess. They will close the one we use as a gate to our exercise pen, but we just figured out a way to stop that by putting a ground pole on the ground between the open gate and the side of the barn.

Here is the only shot of them I can find right now: You can see them use to separate mare & foal from the other horses (in the exercise pen)

meetingcowboy2750.jpg

I purchased these panels to take to the shows and also when we go to schools and festivals. LOVE them. They fold up small enough and fit in the back seat of my SUV.

www.carrilitecorrals.com
Thanks just got off the phone and order them.

They should be here next week...
default_saludando.gif

Those look pretty light weight to me. Are they strong enough to stop a running stud? I love my green panels (actually I have red ones!
default_biggrin.png
) and use them all over the place. I got mine from Double Diamond. I know they will last for years and years. Plus it looks like they are much less expensive than the plastic ones.

Marty,

You might try B&W Miniatures in AL. They aren't too far from you but he will NOT deliver. They are only 8' long but 38" tall. I used to go get a trailer load and ship them from here but not worth it anymore. They do pretty well keeping the mules in.

http://www.bwminiatures.com/fencing.htm

There was another place in KY that I ordered some from, they were red.....Floyd Gates.

http://www.floydgate.com/ .....he will deliver I believe.

Those look pretty light weight to me. Are they strong enough to stop a running stud? I love my green panels (actually I have red ones!
default_biggrin.png
) and use them all over the place. I got mine from Double Diamond. I know they will last for years and years. Plus it looks like they are much less expensive than the plastic ones.
They are VERY strong but I have to admit that the minis that I use them for are calm and don't try to escape. The can adjust up and down and can also be used for big horses as well. They come with brackets that you can attach to your trailer for even more support.

Latest posts

Back