Looking for mini breeder in Mexico Missouri

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat Hill

Reaction score
I was told this is the place :aktion033:

I am trying to figure out where my little "oversize" stallion came from. I was told he came from a farm in Mexico, Missouri that raised miniature horses. He is amber champagne colored with appaloosa spots on his rump and is just the most adorable little guy.

If anyone has an idea about where he may have come from, I would love to hear from you.

Surely, champagne color and appaloosa spots must ring some bells somewhere in the miniature horse world.

Of course, the girl I bought him from advertised him as buckskin so there is that possibility that the breeder did not know he was champagne. There can't be that many champagne bloodlines though so I am hoping some of you can point me in the right direction. It may not even be Mexico, Mo. as the address but it would be in that general area.

Thanks,

Cathy

Hello,

I can't help you sorry.If you post a picture of him ,so everyone can see maybe can help you better.

melissa

Is he papered? No info on his papers?

Hi Cathy,

You know I love your little Studley! And I hope someone on here will be able to help you track his pedigree.

Susan O.

Is he papered? No info on his papers?
Well, I can't seem to figure out how to post his photo. I went to the "how to post a photo" page here and got an error. Can someone help?

He had no papers. I bought him from a high school girl that trained horses for people in Crocker, Mo. She told me her boyfriend bought 2 of them for her to break/train and sell and they were both "oversized miniature horses" from a farm in (or near) Mexico, Missouri. Beyond that she had no other information.

She trained him and he's broke to ride, she rode him when I went to see him (she was a very small girl for a senior in HS) then my neice rode him and he was terrific, not to mention absolutely adorable. She called him buckskin but he wasn't. He will be trained to drive, he's 3 yrs old, this summer. I haven't let anyone else on him since I feel he's too young. He's 41 inches and nicely proportionate. I wish I knew more. I've gone to several websites in the Missouri area (I'm from SW Missouri) trying to find out who the breeder might be with zero luck.

Hi Susan! :saludando: I am still trying!

Cathy

Cathy,

Email me the picture you want and I'll post it for you.

Susan O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, too funny
default_unsure.png
:

I could figure out how to put him on the avatar, but I still can't put his photo here to share :eek:

I'll try again, and he isn't that dark in color as he looks on the avatar, he wsa just wet from a bath and i like that photo.

Cathy

Here is Cathy's beautiful little champagne appaloosa guy. :)

Susan O.

studley.jpg

Oh wow Cathy! He is awesome!
default_wub.png
: I do hope someone might can help trace his lineage for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, from Florida. :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow Cathy! He is awesome!
default_wub.png
: I do hope someone might can help trace his lineage for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, from Florida. :saludando:
Thank You! It looks like a terrific place to hang out!

Wow, what a nice boy!! Does the state have a livestock board? We used to be able to trace owners here within the state through them on unregistered horses from the brand inspection papers that were required. Now they have done away with that system, so there are no records on most!

Anyway to get hold of that girl to get the boyfriend's name who bought them? Maybe he could help you?

That was a dead end too. I called 3 or 4 times after buying him and the girls mom said she would have her call me back but she never did. :no:

I didn't see any point in bothering them with it when they may not have even known, and you know how HS girls can be...the boyfriend may have already been history.

If I never know, it's fine, but I'll follow every lead I can.

I even thought about driving up to Mexico, Mo. and just "asking around"

I doubt there was any record of him anywhere. There really isn't a livestock board here and with the NAIS, most people around here with whack me with a stick if I mentioned it, lol. No brands around here either.

I am just hoping someone in this group will jump up and down wildly waving their arms yelling

"I know! I know!" Lol

Cathy

Well, dang. Maybe driving to the girls house might help? Just one last ditch effort. Even if she is not seeing the guy, she could at least give you his name or number!! Is it a large area? I wonder if any of the other guys at the school might remember who had those!!

I keep reminding myself it doesn't really matter. but I would love to know and I'd love to know if there were more.

I probably don't "need to know if there are more like him" but I want to know
default_wink.png
:

Cathy

HI AND WELCOME FROM N.Y. . YOUR NEW BOY IS BEAUTIFUL, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN WITH HIM
default_yes.gif
: ! NIKKI

HI AND WELCOME FROM N.Y. . YOUR NEW BOY IS BEAUTIFUL, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN WITH HIM
default_yes.gif
: ! NIKKI
Thanks Nikki !

I can't wait to learn more about driving. I know some basics but I'll be taking some lessons this spring and Studley is so calm in all situations so far that I just know he will be great at it. Me, well, I hope to do well.

Cathy

Now didn't I tell you how great these folks are on here? Welcome to the Forum. :aktion033:

I am hoping that somewhere, this rings a bell or two...Good Luck!
default_yes.gif
:

Just saying "Hi Cathy!" LOL :saludando: :saludando: Studley is adorable as always.
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Cathy, I don't know of any breeders in Mexico, MO, but I'm also from SW Missouri, about an hour south of Joplin. I don't have minis any more, but just brought home a skinny pony last week so I have a horse again after almost a year.

Hope you can find what you're looking for!

Latest posts

Back