Looking for a mentor in Colorado

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyMeadows

Reaction score
Hello, I live near Colorado Springs CO and I am looking for a mentor to help me learn about showing. I attended a clinic and went to a show to "watch and learn" but it's a bit intimidating to go to my first show alone and not knowing if I'm prepared. At the very least I'd like to make some horse friends in the area who would like to practice together and maybe attend a show together (sounds like it would be more fun with a friend).

I'd be willing to pay a trainer for a couple of lessons but can't afford anything on-going and can't seem to find anyone in my area.

(Colorado Springs, Falcon, Calhan).

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You can check out the Rocky Mountain Miniature Horse Club. There are some folks down your way. Also, there is an R show this coming Sunday in Pueblo- perhaps you can come on over Sunday and meet some folks!

Thanks, I joined RMMHC but have not met anyone from my area yet. I'd love to go to the Pueblo show, Where will it be? I was hoping to find some AMHR shows in CO
default_smile.png

I don't know the geography without looking at a map but some of the best/most successful amateurs are the Sellwoods of Firewater Miniatures and the Bennetts of Indian Peaks Miniatures. Look up their websites and consider talking to them. They are really nice people and are very good at conditioning and showing minis.

Last edited:
Hello, I live near Colorado Springs CO and I am looking for a mentor to help me learn about showing. I attended a clinic and went to a show to "watch and learn" but it's a bit intimidating to go to my first show alone and not knowing if I'm prepared. At the very least I'd like to make some horse friends in the area who would like to practice together and maybe attend a show together (sounds like it would be more fun with a friend).

I'd be willing to pay a trainer for a couple of lessons but can't afford anything on-going and can't seem to find anyone in my area.

(Colorado Springs, Falcon, Calhan).

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Wish you lived in Wisconsin. I'd love to mentor someone. I'm getting too old to "go it alone" all the time and I love sharing knowledge with others. Want to move?

Wish you lived in Wisconsin. I'd love to mentor someone. I'm getting too old to "go it alone" all the time and I love sharing knowledge with others. Want to move?
I'd love to Sandee! my husband may protest though. It's nice to hear that there are nice people out there willing to help! I'll let you know if I'm ever near WI
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back