Look what I made

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the halter and lead worth?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 89.95 what the other company charges for just the halter

• Total voters
Buckskingal:

I looked at those halters and would LOVE to learn how to macrame like that. I know those halters would be durable I have a SIMPLE plant hanger I made back in the 70's that is still going strong! But you've given me my WINTER project. I'm going to macrame some barn halters.

You did a wonderful job. Very very pretty.

Oh, how Pretty!!!

(Now, I am envious. I want to make such pretty halters, too :bgrin )

-Becky

I would REALLY like to make one for the cool colored horses. Can you give me some ideas for color combos that would look good?

What color of horses?

I think black and yellow looks great on a white/grey or a black.

Silvers look nice in teals or burgundy.

Chestnuts look nice in teal as well as green.

Black can do red, yellow or blue, and bay looks beautiful in blue.

Lots of options out there, but it does depend on the coat color of the horse as well as the shade.
default_smile.png

Liz

I would buy one of those in a heartbeat!
default_yes.gif
:

Being a Saluki person, anything in the middle eastern theme is right up

my alley!

Sure wish I had your talent....Good job!!! :aktion033:

Shelley

That is REALLY nice!! I had one made for my chestnut Arabian mare - just the halter and lead, not the breast collar too.

But <sigh> my horses are Appies and are 'busy' with a coat pattern, so dont think those would look good on them. For a solid Mini with a very fine head- oooooooowweeeeee, would that look nice!! I bet one in blues would look fantastic on a gray horse, and oh, reds and golds on a black... oh the possibilities are endless...

Very excellent work- you are very talented!!

That is really beautiful!! Would be stunning on any mini...or horse for that matter!!

That is really pretty! Look forward to seeing it "modeled".

What color of horses?

I think black and yellow looks great on a white/grey or a black.

Silvers look nice in teals or burgundy.

Chestnuts look nice in teal as well as green.

Black can do red, yellow or blue, and bay looks beautiful in blue.

Lots of options out there, but it does depend on the coat color of the horse as well as the shade.
default_smile.png

Liz
Gorgeous halters!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: JMO I think purple/red would look great on palominos & white/light greys
default_wub.png
:

WOW~~ you did a great jb on that. I cant wait to see it modeled. I would love to know how you made it too. Corinne

Tryst was the PERFECT model stood like a statue, he acted better than my GELDING!

Tryst.jpg

I would love to have one of these sets, if you do decide to make them by order can you PM me. I have been wanting a set to play with during photoshoots forever...

kim what a great picture and beautiful job you did!

Kaykay I have a TRUE appreciation NOW for the professional photographers out there. That is some SERIOUSLY HARD work. I was sweating like a HOG! My cousin (first time mini horse handler) and I took over 90 pictures and I think we got 5 good shots total of Dusty and Trystan. Still wish I could figure out my camera I would have liked the background blurred. Oh Well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited to addI would be HAPPY to help anyone who wants to attempt one. But there are ladies who are doing this for a living so I don't want to post the how to's on a public forum, just PM me.
default_rolleyes.gif
I would love to learn how to make a halter would you send me the directions...

I tried to pm you but your box is full!

Latest posts

Back