Look what I made

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the halter and lead worth?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 89.95 what the other company charges for just the halter

• Total voters

whitney

Reaction score
I was so envious of Nootkas halter, but I COULD NOT afford the 250.00 to buy the whole outfit so................................... I thought what the heck lets give it a try.

Picture002.jpg

I added the throatlatch, thought it might make it too busy but it doesn't and it really sets off a horse with a nice one. I did the lead out of left over material.

[
DSC02244-1.jpg

I had a heck of a time with the noseband pulled it out 3 times BEFORE I had the right combination of beads that looked good on all 3 of my minis.

DSC02243-1.jpg

and that was so much fun I did a breast collar too.

Picture014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that is beautiful! Just lovely! Good job!

*whispers* if you make another one you should take pictures and make a how to page, hehehe!

That is beautiful.

Now I am jealous. But I sure don't have the talent to do that.

Can't wait to see pictures of it on the horse(s).

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Great job and can't wait to see pictures if it on your horse.

:aktion033: LOOKS WONDERFUL Kim, what a great job!

OK how much would this cost you too make? Approximate....? If you do not mind sharing.

Maybe you can start a new business, I would buy....
default_wink.png
:

Ooohhh that's pretty!

I think that black and gold would look amazing on a grey horse... maybe a light palomino...

Can we pretty please have pictures of it on a horse????

Great job!!! Looks like it would be perfect for photoshoots...

Andrea

Wow I love it! It's gorgeous!! Very very nice job. I can't wait to see it on a horse either! Please post pictures
default_yes.gif
:

Whitney you never cease to amaze me. You are so darn smart and talented!

WOW!!! That is so pretty and what a lot of work went into it! I can just see you in the parades now! I am another one that would love to see photos of your horses in it.

Wow! That is gorgeous! If you don't mind sharing, what kind of materials did you use to make it? Was is expensive to make? I too, would love to see pictures of it on a horse.

Tammie~

Can you tell me where you got the halter rings w/the slots?

I've wanted to make my own, too, as I used to do beadweaving and such, and wanted to weave one of antique glass beads w/some woven lace edging, but wanted the nicer rings not the only ones I can find around here which are pseudo-keyrings. Ugh.

VERY beautiful set!

Liz

Wow yeah if you ever decide to make those yourself for a reasonable price, let me know too, i'd love to order a couple! I always loved these arabian type pieces but couldn't afford the expensive ones so just shrugged it off and envied others who could...lol...

You GUYS are TOO NICE!

Pictures coming next hot day, I will bath and clip up my model mini Dusty. It looks good on chestnuts and palominos and blacks.

I would LOVE to make another one. Should be easier now that I know how. But it takes awhile......it took (2) 8 hr days to do just the bead work.

I think I have enough supplies to do another one. I will get it almost done and then put it on the auction with pictures it will look very similar to mine.

Should I do the halter, lead and breast collar or just the halter and lead?

Edited to add:

I've had so many inquires about making these for people. I am now taking orders. Those that want to try and make their own, just study my pictures, that's how I figured out how to make mine from another persons website that was selling a similar halter. Beadworking experience helps with the tassles I found out how to do these online also.

WOW! That is amazing! :new_shocked: You are very talented and I would definitely buy something like that! :aktion033:

I would be interested in knowing what it is made out of before saying what I would pay. I did buy one from a gal who makes them out of very durable material, are washable and adjustable. The link to her site is at the bottom of my page if you want to do a cost comparison. Mary

Wow, that's awesome! I too want to see it on a horse. Edited to answer your question: the breastcollar is the best part! I LOOOOVE those for photo ops. If the horse has a good shoulder, it will show it off fantastically.

Leia

I would buy one from you in a second! I want one so badly, actually i'd take a couple!!! I'd love to learn how you did it and what you used and WHERE you got the supplies.

GREAT Job! I say to all three pieces agian, all are amazing

Latest posts

Back