Long over due update on "our" Twins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Can you believe it? Our miracle twins will be 2 in just 6 weeks!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked

Riley Mae and Blake James came into this world on Feb. 12 under the most unusual circumstances, and none to good. We knew they both had a heart condition and would need immediate, critical care. Riley was in position to be born first, but with in the last hour Blake decided to beat his sister out, lucky they were different sexes or they may have not known one baby decided to slip out first.

They were given the very best of care at Columbia University in NY.

Riley had her surgery first, they were able to do a permanent repair. She went from 6 pounds to 3 pounds, but showing her spirit very early on, pushed through!! After her visit this February, her cardiology appointments go to once a year!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Chubby Monkey, uhh, Riley is now at 28 lbs!! All she does is just above age appropriate level, so by the age of 2, she will have caught up 100%.

Blake has had 2 open heart surgery's and 1 procedure, with another one to go the first of March. This is the one they have been preparing him for. He is to get a new valve and see if they can get his 4th chamber to work. He still runs on 80% oxygen, but his body has adjusted and he does rather well. Very smart little guy as his main activity is reading, and he soooo loves it, therefore talks well. He just started walking, but he progresses daily, does his best and that is all we can ask of him.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He just hit 19 lbs.

They are both so much joy. Knowing all they have endured, you can't help but look at them and feel your heart smile!!

To all of you who got them here, and yes, it took a village, a few states and a forum to get them through this,,,thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts!! Please think of Blake in a few months.

A few pictures, enjoy!!

New born pictures, I believe at 4 weeks, Blake at 7lbs, Riley at 5lbs.

Napping, worn out at hotel during power outage of a snowstorm. So precious.

Little Miss Independent, and boyyyyy is she!! Making her own cereal!!

Blake with my daughter, my favorite picture of them!! He so adores her, but he also gets a ton of her time. She, is truly my hero. I have no idea how she does what she does, not only does she do it all, she does it all very well!

So proud of them all. Thank you so much for allowing me to share them once again!

riley,blakenewborn.jpg

riley,blake.jpg

riley,newer.jpg

blake,julie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you believe it? Our miracle twins will be 2 in just 6 weeks!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked

Riley Mae and Blake James came into this world on Feb. 12 under the most unusual circumstances, and none to good. We knew they both had a heart condition and would need immediate, critical care. Riley was in position to be born first, but with in the last hour Blake decided to beat his sister out, lucky they were different sexes or they may have not known one baby decided to slip out first.

They were given the very best of care at Columbia University in NY.

Riley had her surgery first, they were able to do a permanent repair. She went from 6 pounds to 3 pounds, but showing her spirit very early on, pushed through!! After her visit this February, her cardiology appointments go to once a year!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Chubby Monkey, uhh, Riley is now at 28 lbs!! All she does is just above age appropriate level, so by the age of 2, she will have caught up 100%.

Blake has had 2 open heart surgery's and 1 procedure, with another one to go the first of March. This is the one they have been preparing him for. He is to get a new valve and see if they can get his 4th chamber to work. He still runs on 80% oxygen, but his body has adjusted and he does rather well. Very smart little guy as his main activity is reading, and he soooo loves it, therefore talks well. He just started walking, but he progresses daily, does his best and that is all we can ask of him.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He just hit 19 lbs.

They are both so much joy. Knowing all they have endured, you can't help but look at them and feel your heart smile!!

To all of you who got them here, and yes, it took a village, a few states and a forum to get them through this,,,thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts!! Please think of Blake in a few months.

A few pictures, enjoy!!

New born pictures, I believe at 4 weeks, Blake at 7lbs, Riley at 5lbs.

Napping, worn out at hotel during power outage of a snowstorm. So precious.

Little Miss Independent, and boyyyyy is she!! Making her own cereal!!

Blake with my daughter, my favorite picture of them!! He so adores her, but he also gets a ton of her time. She, is truly my hero. I have no idea how she does what she does, not only does she do it all, she does it all very well!

So proud of them all. Thank you so much for allowing me to share them once again!
They are both just beautiful and happy babies!! Thank you for the update.

Glad to see this update... They are adorable and sounds like they are both doing very well. Will be thinking of Blake in the upcoming months...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they are growing up fast!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Seems like yesterday they were not even born yet!!
default_wacko.png
So glad they are growing up to be healthy and strong.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Let us know how Blake does after his next surgery! Thanks for the update!
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
Thank you for keeping Blake in your prayers, with these two we have experienced that power!! I will make sure to provide an update on him.

Carolyn - so glad to get an update on Blake and Riley. They are 2 very special babies for sure. Will be praying for Blake to come through his surgery well.

My grandson, Noah, had to have 3 heart surgeries - thank God he is a healthy 21 month old now. He will always have some limitations, but you would never know anything was wrong with him as he runs around here when he comes to visit.

Please let us know how Blake's surgery goes - hope they are able to really fix him up this time.

Barbie

WOW!! I cant believe that they are two years old already! It seems like only yesterday we were welcoming them into the world and then praying so hard for their health and wellbeing.

Thank you so much for the update and the pictures - they are both so very cute, bless them.
default_wub.png

Will be remembering Blake in my prayers for March, please let us know how he gets on.
default_yes.gif

Beautiful! Very hard to believe they will be two, and very happy for your family!

Oh my goodness 2 already, unbelievable it has been that long.

thanks for the update and for sure keeping them both in my prayers.

Let us know how Blake does after surgery..

Keep the pictures coming, sure puts a big smile on my face.

Two special little life's and looking forward to see how they grow

and do in 2012
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back